Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2017, 12:06 PM   #1

What is the easiest way to replace the awning???

My 1990 Fleetwood Flair has a couple of small tears in it near the roof. Can it be repaired or if not what's the easiest way to replace it???
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #2

Rexhall Owners Group
Have someone else do it! -LOL

Pictures would help, but if it is a Colorado awning, you can order the awning which is attached to tracks that slide into the rollers from the sides after removing the arms.
RolandRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimplexsound View Post
My 1990 Fleetwood Flair has a couple of small tears in it near the roof. Can it be repaired or if not what's the easiest way to replace it???
Woodchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:18 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
I replaced the fabric on mine last spring. Fairly easy job , needs two people (three would be a little better). A lot of videos on how to do it.

I wrote a short article on my blog on how I did it.

Replace awning fabric | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandRock View Post
Have someone else do it! -LOL

Pictures would help, but if it is a Colorado awning, you can order the awning which is attached to tracks that slide into the rollers from the sides after removing the arms.
I like to do things myself but I have to agree with this way when it comes to awnings.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have an electric power Dometic 21 ft awning 3 years old. Already turning yellow on top from sun. Can just the material be replaced with the one that has the alu protective cover?
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
I have an electric power Dometic 21 ft awning 3 years old. Already turning yellow on top from sun. Can just the material be replaced with the one that has the alu protective cover?
Not sure you can just add that aluminum protective cover but you could give Benlo RV in Irwindale a call and they may be able to tell you what your options are. We live close by, Glendora.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #8

Because the last six inches or so is exposed to the elements that area rots. Mine was like that but the rest of it was fine.

I slid the awning from the tube and took it to a shop that does awnings. They cut off the bad part and sewed in a new cord. It was a $50 repair and that awning is still in use. Nobody would ever know it had been shortened.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, awning, replace