Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2018, 06:27 AM   #1

Cool What is the perfect RV camping spot in your opinion....

Concrete pad, sewer hook ups, LEVEL, 50 amp minimum, waterfront, spacious, shade trees, fire ring, peaceful and not noisy, nice picnic table, small town America, friendly staff with knowledge about the area, privacy from your neighbors, parking for the toad, secure grounds, WIFI, ........

Perhaps campground owners can read and learn what their guests desire!
Wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2018, 06:52 AM   #2

Good list and I would add no bugs, good temps, satellite friendly, and good wi-fi.
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:15 AM   #3

No yipping mutts, screaming kids, or morons with their outside entertainment centers on.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Water D View Post
No yipping mutts, screaming kids, or morons with their outside entertainment centers on.
Since most of our camping is in state and coe parks, we expect to see and hear kids having fun. Otherwise, i agree that i don't want to hear barking dogs, loud adults, blaring outside entertainment centers, or have to endure a brightly lit city campsite next door.

For full time, the OP hit the nail on the head with the amenities wished for. For our situation though, a level camping site that is some distance from the neighbors, dependable 30 amp service, good tasting water, and some surrounding wilderness/scenery are the important things.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:36 AM   #5

I really really really like a level site.. all the rest are negotiable
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wench View Post
Concrete pad, sewer hook ups, LEVEL, 50 amp minimum, waterfront, spacious, shade trees, fire ring, peaceful and not noisy, nice picnic table, small town America, friendly staff with knowledge about the area, privacy from your neighbors, parking for the toad, secure grounds, WIFI, ........

Perhaps campground owners can read and learn what their guests desire!
I tend to like backins with shade and privacy on at least one side. I like long sites so that I can keep the tow vehicle with me. Not much else matters - hookups are almost always unimportant.
The perfect site is B24, but I won't say exactly where that is!
tinkerreknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerreknit View Post
I tend to like backins with shade and privacy on at least one side. I like long sites so that I can keep the tow vehicle with me. Not much else matters - hookups are almost always unimportant.
The perfect site is B24, but I won't say exactly where that is!
BTW, I'm a 5th wheeler but the question didn't seem to be exclusive to coachers.
tinkerreknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:44 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Right here. Not level (but within coaches ability to handle), no hookups, no dump, no shade, gorgeous sunsets on the Pacific Ocean. Only sounds are waves crashing on to rocks ten feet in front of windshield.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Emma Wood SB.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	196358   Click image for larger version

Name:	Emma Wood Sunset.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	196359  

Danlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:51 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Dry camping 7000 feet or above. Level area, no hookups needed. Available hiking with my dogs.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:00 AM   #10

The OP pretty much hit it dead-on for me.
I don't mind other campers around, but I really enjoy an reasonable distance between camp sites. I don't want to hear screaming kids, drunk adults and their loud music, or yapping dogs.

Concrete pad with full hook-ups in the shade with a water-front view.
TRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:06 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Since most of our camping is in state and coe parks, we expect to see and hear kids having fun. Otherwise, i agree that i don't want to hear barking dogs, loud adults, blaring outside entertainment centers, or have to endure a brightly lit city campsite next door.

For full time, the OP hit the nail on the head with the amenities wished for. For our situation though, a level camping site that is some distance from the neighbors, dependable 30 amp service, good tasting water, and some surrounding wilderness/scenery are the important things.
Totally agree! We went to a state park recently and there was a group of tent campers a couple sites over who had a pack of kids. They were a little noisy, but it brought back the old days when I was a kid and we tent camped. Great memories!
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:18 AM   #12

Well, that depends on what we are there to do.
If it's just the two of us and we want quiet and privacy, then we tend to prefer the wooded, shady COE parks that have space between the sites.
If we are attending a rally with our FMCA group, then we want to be right in with the other coaches because we are there to socialize and visit with everyone.
If we are in an area to go and see and do all that the area has to offer, then a big resort with full hookups, beautiful scenery, and moderate privacy is great.
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #13

No concrete pad, big spaces between sites with lots of greenery to block view. Waterfront. Twin Lakes COE, Lake Hartwell SC.
rjniles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #14

More or less level site with 30 Amp. Bring my own yapping mutt who's job is to let me know if there is something to check out. Kids are fun to watch. Don't need drunk adults with loud music. Good WiFi is nice but not critical. Trees nice, space nice. Concrete limits parking choices unless it's a flat pad to park on.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping