Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2019, 06:50 PM   #113

Tiffin Owners Club
My Florida dealer has a storage lot behind the business, gulf coast north of Florida' at $30 a month. pay for the year and the 12th month is free/ Only downer is he has a waiting list and to guarantee my spot I have to takee the year.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2019, 06:50 PM   #114

Monthly storage

Here in Long Beach CA, for a secure and paved site that is 11'x32' in a supervised gated facility that includes dump, wash, air, etc., I pay $222 per month for a pull-through. I think I could find less especially if I chose a back-in but my Dodge requires a lot of swing.
pathvet9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:55 PM   #115

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Same cover garages but in fenced and gated business in Ohio, $82 per month! Anytime access with code at gate. Cameras everywhere.
Lez8ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:01 PM   #116

Tiffin Owners Club
Storage fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
We are thinking of opening an RV storage lot on 12 acres in central Florida and would like to hear what would be a desirable monthly price?
Thanks in advance
Jesse
We pay $53 monthly at The Villages FL storage lot (Must live in The Villages) 24 hour access using our regular gate pass - fenced in area & paved - Village security patrolled also - outside areas a lot more...
willbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:03 PM   #117

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Northwest Pennsylvania secure indoor with 15 amp for battery charging. $100 per month.
RVNuthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:07 PM   #118

Atl area

We are in the Atlanta area. Pay $200. a month for an inside warehouse bay which is a very good price for this area. No security, no automated entry, no dump station or water. We have friends that are paying over $300. for covered storage with no amenities.
cmbvanusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:36 PM   #119

Newmar Owners Club
Storage

Pay 95/mo for 44” MH on concrete. Fenced and video, plus resident manager. Would love covered storage, none available here.
thopman127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:38 PM   #120

off track from original question, but related.
2 known structures going in on private property. rural georgia. gravel drive cost not included in below pricing.

site 1. concrete floor, manual roll up door, electricity, 24 x 40 x 16 height exterior dimensions. insulated metal building. water, sewer dump next to building, cost about 32,000... electricity adds about 30/month to elec. bill .

site 2. concrete floor, manual roll up door, electicity 20 x 48 x 16 height exterior dimensions. insulated metal building. no water to building... water about 50' from door. sewer dump on premises.
cost about 26,000. under construction now.
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:41 PM   #121

Oklahoma City, right off the interstate, completely enclosed secured with cameras, and coded gate, 20 Amp powerin each enclosed bay, with lights, facility also has dump station, and wash area, I pay $188.00/month for a 13X40
gesteff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:46 PM   #122

Storage Fee

Northeast PA
Fenced in
$49.00/month
IrishSettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #123

Deerfield Beach, Florida was costing me $200 a month for a spot with no electricity on gravel. Pretty pricey as far as I was concerned. I actually sold the RV because of the financial situation I'm in overall
MattB101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:00 PM   #124

Quote:
We are thinking of opening an RV storage lot on 12 acres in central Florida and would like to hear what would be a desirable monthly price?
Thanks in advance
Jesse
Storage costs anywhere except Florida are immaterial. Google Florida RV storage rates for what pertains to your mission.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:18 PM   #125

Quote:
Thanks in advance
Jesse

Gated card key access lot storage with lighting and security cameras in Florida can be $50 to around $100 a month and include a shared wash station with a courtesy outlet for intermittent use.

Some will also have a free dump station too while others will charge $5 for its use.

If the lot is Inner City then prices can be 25% to 50% higher.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:13 PM   #126
GKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
I read this thread with interest as I too pay for motor home storage.

I believe the most honest answer anyone could give you is, "Depends".

Your price point would depend on:

What type of storage you design and offer? Outdoors, paved, fenced, lighted, alarmed, cameras, electricity available, indoors (4 sides and a roof, 3 sides and a roof), demand, etc.

I have indoor storage I share with 3 other people. I have 30 amps, concrete floor, heating and AC, alarmed building, lighting, wash rack, air compressor, all on a gated property with the owner in a separate house next-door.

I pay a premium rent for all this but if this same storage was say in the New York City area - - there would be no way I could afford it.

So it comes back to your area and what you are going to offer. What are other storage units with similar storage you will offer in your area charging?

.......and go from there.

Good luck, RV storage here in the Indianapolis area are hot properties.

g
The comments so far have been very informative in describing the service levels and the costs, which is what the individual was asking for. Your description of the services you have pretty much followed the rest of the reply’s except for the cost which you say is premium. Did you intend to say what premium costs are? This has been useful information for everyone even those not intending to go into the storage business.
GKW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage