Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
HQRP 10-Pack 3W 250 Lumen BA15s Bayonet Base 18 LEDs SMD LED Bulbs Cool White for #93 1141 1156 1073 1093 1129 Replacement plus HQRP UV Meter : Amazon.com : Automotive

These are a better deal. 10 Pack for 69.91 or about 7.00 each.

250 Lumens
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Cool White LEDs cost less to produce which why those are less $$ however for me, I much prefer the warm look (both at home and in the RV) of tungsten bulbs. Because of my preference I am willing to spend more for LEDs that can replicate the 2700-3000 Kelvin range.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #17

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
Cool White LEDs cost less to produce which why those are less $$ however for me, I much prefer the warm look (both at home and in the RV) of tungsten bulbs. Because of my preference I am willing to spend more for LEDs that can replicate the 2700-3000 Kelvin range.
I see. I didn't realize there was that much difference, but I sure found out about the lumens when my first purchase was like 160-180 lumens!

The 250 is sure a lot better, and those 6000-7000 Kelvins are a bit harsh, but all these will continue dropping over time so in the next year or so they will be cheaper than they are even now....

Old 02-20-2014, 03:54 PM   #18

Led

Just so I understand...are we talking about replacing the bulbs in the overhead swivel lights. All these will fit right in the socket and not extend out past the shield and can be swiveled to direct the light. Thanks
bandmbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandmbrown View Post
Just so I understand...are we talking about replacing the bulbs in the overhead swivel lights. All these will fit right in the socket and not extend out past the shield and can be swiveled to direct the light. Thanks
vanion2, Lincolnboy2 and I are talking about bulbs that fit in a variety of fixtures but not sure if they are right for your application. For mine it is the "Pancake Fixtures" that use 1141 bulbs many RV companies install.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #20

Led bulbs

The pancake fixtures are the ones with single or double white flat plastic coverings that are mounted overhead?
Is there a preferred bulb for the swivel spot lights?
Thanks
bandmbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandmbrown View Post
The pancake fixtures are the ones with single or double white flat plastic coverings that are mounted overhead?
Is there a preferred bulb for the swivel spot lights?
Thanks
Yes that is a pancake. Like this:

Can you tell us what kind of bulbs you have in your lamps?

Old 02-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #22

this guys stuff is great quality and great deals us seller 10 T10 194 921 168 W5W 24 1210 SMD LED Warm White RV Landscaping Light Lamp Bulb | eBay
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
OK fellow LED Geeks, I could use some advice for my outdoor lights. I have Hawk/ITC Scare Lights (Model 81760-D) and would like to replace the 20 watt halogen bulbs with something more efficient. I would prefer warm white and something at least 250 lumens. The current bulbs are T3/G4, put out 350 lumens and look like this:
Old 02-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Replaced all of my interior 1156/7's with these over a year ago. They still work great:

10x BA15S 1156 1141 Dome Bulb 36 1210 SMD LED Warm White | eBay
Old 02-21-2014, 04:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
OK fellow LED Geeks, I could use some advice for my outdoor lights. I have Hawk/ITC Scare Lights (Model 81760-D) and would like to replace the 20 watt halogen bulbs with something more efficient. I would prefer warm white and something at least 250 lumens. The current bulbs are T3/G4, put out 350 lumens and look like this:

Jumping on the G4 wagon. I have vertical mounted puck lights that need G4 too.

Have had good luck with the quality of M4 lighting on otter LED bulbs. But thought I'd ask here too, on good quality G4 non disc shaped bulbs( the coin shape disc ones will not fit into the cone of the pucks).

Interior, and non yellow please. Ideas?

Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #26

I replaced all mine, even the cargo lights and porch light (except for the fridge light). Experimented with different ones in the last camper and these are what I prefer. The round vanity LEDs and long neck LEDs for the rotating wall fixtures are also listed below. Not a single failure and these LEDs are all a little brighter than the incandescents they replaced. I can run 8 to 10 of these for the same power draw as one of the old incandescent bulbs and they produce no heat to speak of.

1141 Replacements

Vanity Lights

Long Neck Wall Lamps
Old 04-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #27

Rather than use 1141 replacements which waste much of the light, I opted for 36 LED panels in warm white. Much brighter and no wasted light output.

10pcs Festoon T10 BA9S Warm White LED 48 SMD Panel Interior Dome Map Light Bulbs | eBay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leds1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	411.6 KB
ID:	60179   Click image for larger version

Name:	leds2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	60180  

Attached Images

Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:45 AM   #28

I tried the flat panels in the last RV. They worked okay in most fixtures but they do seem to focus the light directly down and the double sided tape would fail when it got hot in the summer so the LED panels wound up laying on the lens. They defused light a little better in the white lenses but I found using them in the clear lenses did not defuse the light very well.
I have no problems with the round ones (no tape needed) and the ones I used give off more light than the incandescents did.

Tags
lights