Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2019, 09:34 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I like your attitude and agree with you future outlook.
Camelot07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2019, 09:59 PM   #16

I still want to get back in via the driver’s-side door, which doesn’t exist.

Just like i sometimes want to mount my Harley Road King from the left.

Which wouldn’t be prudent.

We love what we get used to. So, nothing.
RiverBurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:38 PM   #17

Like most things in our coach. Sure, would prefer a bit more power, and disc brakes, but overall it's been a solid well made coach. So to answer, I'd say the Owen Glass caused Micro Checking that hit many coaches of this era, is probably my pet peeve - not easily corrected.

A secondary issue, not just with my coach but many others too, are the main awnings that come out and cannot be adjusted. Useless in moderate winds, and sitting out under then in the rain eventually becomes a shower time for all underneath - as the canopy fills with water and eventually the weight causes a 'dump' of accumulated water. The simple arm's of older awnings, allows angle adjustment to help in wind and rain.

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:04 PM   #18

OP, it's funny what you mention about the step into your coach. Something that surprises me about RVs (especially high end ones) is the lack of compliance to common sense, well established building codes. Something like steps are just such a hazard when built wrong. Having a variation in tread depths of more than 3/8" in a flight of stairs is a no-go in a house but, for some reason, is no problem in an RV.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:14 AM   #19
WDW

What one thing do you not like about your Class A?

Lack of accessibility grab bars. Most folks are right handed, the lack of interior right side grab bars makes it difficult for some family members.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:27 AM   #20
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
I haven't got to use mine yet because of the renovation but that dang tv cabinet over the drivers seat is pretty rough on my head.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:32 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Electric awning.

I have to agree with Smitty 77, I liked the adjustability of the manual awning much more than the electric awning.
It was cool to just push the button on the remote control at first, but it just can't compare to the old one.
Happy Glamping
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:44 AM   #22

The head banger old style TV. It will be gone shortly.

The location of the inverter. Difficult to say the least.

Changing the electric heating element in the hot water heater. Not fun.
2002 Country Coach Allure 36 #30752, Double Slide
Mainecoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:59 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
For me, the cabinet over the bathroom sink is not far enough back. When I lean in to spit out toothpaste, I crack my noggin often.

For DW, the king bed takes up so much space in the bedroom that she has a very hard time getting to the head of the bed when making it.

Other than that we really like the layout and use-ability of our coach.

Regards

Chuck

PS - but stuff falls apart each and every time we go somewhere.....
Old 06-18-2019, 08:23 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Mine doesn't turn sharp enough. Specs say the front wheel turn angle is 55 degrees - if that's true, I would like to have had 65 degrees.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:11 AM   #25

Transfer Switch Hum

We have the stock unit with AC RELAY CONTROL. Naturally it has a mild hum, which we can hear when very quiet. There are drawers on the inside wall that I use for linens, which helps dampen. I will replace with a higher end unit when the time comes.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:42 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
The Norcold 1200 refrigerator! I removed it the first week of ownership and found burned hoses/wood behind it.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #27

I'm happy with everything inside the coach including the seating arrangement, storage, power and handling. I especially like that it has been trouble free for five years. The one thing I would change (and it can be done) is the angle that the two Paramount awnings are mounted at. I have to be sure to retract both of them before any rain or it will pool on the flat upper section. This can be corrected by shimming the roof brackets to tip it down a couple degrees. With that change both awnings can be left out in a downpour and the water just runs off the end.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:56 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
I know this goes against many folks but I really want more sleeping space. Right now we can only sleep 4 comfortably. When we bought the rig it was just the two of us and our children lived on opposite coasts. Now we all live within 20 min of each other and I love to travel with the entire group. Now I have the upgrade itch...

Tags
class a