Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2005, 04:11 AM   #1

I'm looking at a 2005 fleetwood bounder 35E with a msrp of 123,396. What would be a good offer for this motor home..
Miken is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2005, 04:11 AM   #2

I'm looking at a 2005 fleetwood bounder 35E with a msrp of 123,396. What would be a good offer for this motor home..
Miken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:23 AM   #3

If it was for myself i would start off at say around 85 thousand dollars..... Always remember you can go up in price but its almost impossable to go down..........
omnc954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:36 PM   #4

In better times and with the current model, 25% off list was considered a reasonable deal. So definitely start way below that for a last years model in the current soft market. I got my 'leftover' trailer for under the NADA used price because it had been sitting on the lot so long and they were desperate to get rid of it. Took 2 months of dealing though...
Old 10-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #5

I agree that about 74% of list is what most will sell current model for. you were trying to trade in an 05 they'd tell it had depreciated 15%, so I'd knock off another 15% which brings price to about 77500. You need to be prepared to walk and wait to get the bottom price.

Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:53 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

What the dealer will accept is going to depend upon the circumstances. Normally 25% off is a good average on a new unit but leftovers will vary substantially.

If a dealer gets a unit in at the end of the model year he gets it at last year's price. If he sells it based upon last year's price you are already getting a better deal over the higher 2006 MSRP. If the unit is a popular unit he probably won't budge that much.

However, if he's had the RV on his lot for a while it may be because it's not the most popular floor plan, not quite the right color or decor, or has been eclipsed by a new and improved model that just came out. Now he has a unit that's going to be harder to sell and he's in a tough spot. He's going to want to move it so on the one hand he's going to lower the price to get it off the lot and invest those funds into a different unit so he should be ready to deal. However, he doesn't want to lose money on it and he probably has financing costs stuck into it from his floor plan interest so he can't go as low as he would like. But, the longer he sits on it, the more his cost becomes because the interest keeps on building up. So now he's in a tough spot and every dealer thinks differently on how low to go. Generally it will take some negotiation over time on your part to get the bottom dollar price.

Most important is to ask yourself what you think about this coach. If it didn't sell before it's probably for a good reason. Will you be happy with this particular RV? If not, you'll be trading it soon for what you really want. In that case the depreciation hit you'll take at resale will more than make up for the extra discount you got up front so I'd seriously consider this before looking at price alone. If it's just what you want and you can get it for a great deal - go for it.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote