RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2017, 09:44 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
If you were moving from a 40 foot fiver to a class A, want to tow a 4 door Jeep Wrangler, don't want a bunch of unexpected expenses in the future, and have a max of $100k budget? Preferably under $80k, but willing to stretch for the right rig. We full time, so we have no real home base, so access to service when needed is important as well. I do all most/all the home repairs, but I'm kinda over doing mechanical repairs, unless it's fairly simple.
Would this work - https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-r...elect_rv-36055

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2017, 09:47 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As I stated above, a new coach would work out the best.
Whatever I'm towing, a boat or car isn't covered in black crap as the older coaches will leave.
DEF is no problem what so ever, I know most of the old timers want to live in the past and not in the future.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:59 PM   #31

Wow, lot's of comments/thoughts...First, I'm not sure of what new ones I could find in the price range. I have seen some in the $170k pricing, but that's a little steep, and I'm not sure of the quality. The warranty would buy some peace of mind, but I've already experienced the fun of actually trying to get work scheduled. As full timers, warranty repairs worry me, as they seem to take awhile. Anyone else dealt with this?

As far as Hawaii - Will be going to Pearl Harbor and around there, other areas are up in the air. My son is stationed there, so....but, no, the RV won't be going along.

The $10k repair budget is what I'd plan on chassis repairs, not coach repairs. I've found if you do the work yourself, the house portion isn't really that bad - no worse than owning a home.

Yes, DP's interest me alot...and make me nervous as well, as I also read the threads about major repairs and their expense. If it happened, I could handle the repair, but it would mean putting in alot of hours at my second work gig, doing contracting. It's feasible, but would suck.

The DP at PPL looks promising.....just on a side note, how many of you have ever been there? I've been to PPL on numerous occasions, and without fail, all the rigs look pretty beat down. I'm not sure if it's the time on their lot, or if they were that way when they got there. Anyone ever find anything else?

Finally - Yes, of course inspection and fluid analysis is a must. No way would I go into a purchase like this without it, even if there was a warranty attached.

Thanks for all the responses, I'm interested in the thoughts others have.
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:13 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
If you have Good Sam, buy their extended warranty which you can keep till the coach is 18 years old. If you have a bunch of things wrong, they will lump them together, so you only have one deductible, mine was $1000. I only had 2 claims, but it provides peace of mind...... for a fee. My coach was out of service for 3 months for the last repairs. Sat at the repair shop yard for 2.5 of those 3 months. I have done most of the repair work myself. It would have been crippling if I had to pay someone to do all the repairs I performed.
richardgood is offline   Reply With Quote