Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2016, 09:39 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Dubya View Post
It is, but it's a better version, usually with more HP (Cat 350). I drive a 2000 f53 chassis. Me thinks the ride would be a significant improvement.
my journey had the 350 hp cat... 37 mph up a 6% grade

only went 2 mph faster than my 300 hp cummins in the excursion...

drive one a lot before you buy..I never knew there was a difference in the air ride on the better coaches....
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2016, 09:42 PM   #30

I watched ur video. Don't want a fight here, but my 15 year old V-10 with a 4 spd tranny pulls a 6% grade with a 4500 lb trailer around 4000 RPM and 44 MPH. Something wasn't right with that Journey.
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:47 PM   #31

Quote:
I watched ur video. Don't want a fight here, but my 15 year old V-10 with a 4 spd tranny pulls a 6% grade with a 4500 lb trailer around 4000 RPM and 44 MPH. Something wasn't right with that Journey.
that's all they do..it ran perfect...just no torque...660 I think..and my alpine has 1200... my alpine runs with the traffic from stop lights
Old 06-13-2016, 09:48 PM   #32

Quote:
I had a 2000 f53... they come to life with a banks kit... and just changing the "Y" pipe is a big improvement... those only have 300 hp
Old 06-13-2016, 10:05 PM   #33

Mine has good power not great but the ride is great (with new shocks and front) sway bar. Tows 10,000lb. There are a few 16 still out there 110k off sticker.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:34 PM   #34

Cant comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
looked at a few of those...all were older or same age with more miles...

how would you rate the 2 , alpine seems to be very well built and rides very well.. don't think it would worth the trade in to go side ways..

thanks for posting... never knew they made a 34'r

Have never been in or around an Alpine so its hard to comment in any manner other than to speculate based on the manufactures specs.

Spec wise the Foretravels have a bit more going for them (8 airbag chassis, retarder, HWH leveling with airbags not jacks, likley a bit more storage based on chassis construction, larger tank capacity, etc)

Power wise a stock U280 with the C series would be behind the L powered Alpine on the hills...

Moving to a 36' U320 with the M11/ISM would be an upgrade but probably not worth the switch if you are limited to the 34'
99Foretravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:26 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Foretravel View Post
Have never been in or around an Alpine so its hard to comment in any manner other than to speculate based on the manufactures specs.

Spec wise the Foretravels have a bit more going for them (8 airbag chassis, retarder, HWH leveling with airbags not jacks, likley a bit more storage based on chassis construction, larger tank capacity, etc)

Power wise a stock U280 with the C series would be behind the L powered Alpine on the hills...

Moving to a 36' U320 with the M11/ISM would be an upgrade but probably not worth the switch if you are limited to the 34'
http://www.alpinecoachassociation.co...hures/2004.pdf