Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2020, 06:35 PM   #57

I have two cracked rear signal lenses. About the only visible damage to the rig I’m trying to locate some replacement lenses but I haven’t found a source yet. Should I have any problems?
Blackey Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2020, 07:03 PM   #58

10yr old RV’s turned down.

My Dutch Star DP is 20 yrs old, fresh paint, compounded and waxed looking like new. Never a problem. They just don’t want junker. I have stayed in some very Hi-end parks. A couple wanted pictures, I obliged and no problems.
Roadyacht1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:06 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackey Cole View Post
I have two cracked rear signal lenses. About the only visible damage to the rig I’m trying to locate some replacement lenses but I haven’t found a source yet. Should I have any problems?
I think you will be fine.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:07 PM   #60

gag, twenty year rule.
i bought mine new in 2021. been thinking about a body shop to remove the tape, and apply color coded paint over said areas.
but the cost is a big ? and i have no extra money right now. but the alu skin is in great shape. sure some dings but you have to look for them.

if some camp ground were to refuse me. just as well as they do not need my cash. but i bet there competition would love it.
packnrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:03 PM   #61

Meet our Lola, she is 31 years old. Do you think Iola will have issues with the 10 year rule?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_667001000912187.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	306689  
lola and i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:30 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola and i View Post
Meet our Lola, she is 31 years old. Do you think Iola will have issues with the 10 year rule?

CG may welcome you with open arms for braving the trek so you can bless them with Lola's presence.
Krbjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:13 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
100% right!

We were just in Phoenix at Roberts Resort. They asked the age of ours and we sent a picture and they said come on in!

Now....it might have been due to the fact hardly anyone was there! We were in a row almost completely by ourselves.

Hmm, can find a picture of our site but nobody was around us. But checkout the pool and hot tub....nice!!

Attachment 305807
Attachment 305808
I’m going there next spring with my 2001 A - Bus. How did you like it there? So far they haven’t asked for a photo. My rig is in nice shape.
Richnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:33 AM   #64

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a 2004 that I bought 7 years ago. I have NEVER even been asked about the age. Not that it would matter, It is in GREAT shape.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:05 AM   #65

My RV is now 23 years old & well looked after & never had an issue with 10 year rule, I have sent in a photo beforehand in cases where there might be an issue but as others state the rule is to keep out “clunkers”
ejandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:10 AM   #66

Oldies But Goodies

We have had our 2004 Newmar Dutch Star since 2017 and spent 25 to 35 weeks a year traveling. We have only had the question asked twice when making reservations and and both times they relied on our explanation that the Motor Home is in great shape.

The age rule is similar to the alcohol rule it is used to give the Campground the ability to deal with specific problems that otherwise might create a legal issue if enforced.

But if you are considering a used (older) RV go higher in the quality scale and place over all condition high on your list of want's.

11-2-2020 Currently in Mexico Beach Florida, 2 years after hurricane Michael. The area is just beginning to rebuild after a long effort to remove the debris and restore services. The long term damage is the Trees it will take time but the community is determined. Thier local News letter is:

https://mexicobeach.com/news-events/newsletter/

https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Mex...20of%201%2C200.
craigbenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:10 AM   #67

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Scoop View Post
Personally, I feel the rule sucks. I always wanted what I call "a big rig" since I was young. I am single and 56 and could not afford to spend $80,000+ on a less than 10 year old motorhome. So I purchased a motorhome in great shape in the inside and an engine with only 30,000 miles on it. The previous owner didn't take care of the outside so it needs some work but I never thought of such a rule like this would exist. So, I am planning on moving to Ft Meyers FL area a year from now. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can go? I don't want to stay anywhere fancy. As long as people are nice, there's a fire pit and trees on my site, and it's safe, I am fine. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks all!!
You won't have any problems as long as you coach is kept in decent shape and you have respect for other campers. Enjoy!
Kountry_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:10 AM   #68

Winnebago Owners Club
We chump with a couple who have an older Pace Arrrow. Much older!

And it is in great shape. You can see yourself in the shine almost to the point of being able to shave.

They have never mentioned being turned away.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:33 AM   #69

Now you know that Rving is not cheap.
Every 10 years you trash what you have!
Some Spook comes takes your Rv away, leaves you a treat!

Then you go out and buy another RV.

I have hid mine for 20 years, I guess I'm lucky...
sledbiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:29 AM   #70

Send them a picture of your older rig.
Send them a picture of your credit rating too. (from Credit Karma etc..) I bet they are more worried about getting paid. Evictions are costly and take time.
Pappion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground