Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2016, 08:45 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielsand View Post
We are different. We like vintage,.......well EVERYTHING. Vintage, but in "as new" condition. We also don't like payments. We buy everything for cash (even property/houses, etc.).

We just purchased 1995 Vogue with 100K on the clock. We wanted Prevost, but we didn't have enough cash on hand. This Vogue will easily outlive me (I'm 60 yo). Maintained to the "T", and in "as new" condition.

We don't have to have "the latest, and the greatest", and we like older stuff better. Oh,.....we also LOVE boondocking, and HATE RV parks ("10 year" rule doesn't concern us).

That is a beautiful coach! I do enjoy seeing the older coaches. They had unique style, built like tanks too. Kinda like old cars, in some ways ya can't beat 'em.

Best regards,
W.D.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2016, 10:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2RV View Post
We own a lovely 2003 Fleetwood Providence 39P, but have been looking at some of the new mid-entry diesel pushers with the drop down bed. Our grandchildren are getting older and we'd like the option of bringing them with us sometimes WITHOUT having to fold out the sofa. Plus, I like the mid-entry as it's easier for us to take out little dogs out to "potty", and the awning will provide more rain protection when doing so.

However, at what point do you decide to take the plunge? We service our coach every year at the local Cummins dealer and have replaced a few items, such as a new oil pan, alternator, tires, etc. I believe the batteries will need replaced soon, as they're the original and they don't seem to hold their charge as long now. We'd be lucky to get what we owe on it....and may be "underwater" about $10,000. We're about two years from retirement, so we plan on doing a LOT more traveling at that time.

Do many of you just hold onto your coaches and make needed upgrades? Or do you replace them every ten years or so? Some of the higher end parks don't want to let us in without a picture due to it's age.

Looks to me you service your Fleetwood regularly, so 10 years is just a number. Next time you go for service as the tech how much life the beast have left. But since your looking for a different floor plan, maybe it's the time.

As for parks that request pictures due to its age, I'm embarrassed. LOL
1996 34'J Fleetwood Bounder, Chevy 454 TBI P-32, Bank PowerPack, Ultra Power Chip, BellCranks, Rear Trac Bar, Silver Safe-T-Plus and 04 CR-V Toad, Roadmaster Base Plate and All Terain Tow Bar, SMI Stay-In-Play DUO.
leesdx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:01 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We didn't find it hard to get a loan for our 2000 Dynasty so I don't think that age is an issue as long as you have decent credit. We got pre-approved through Southeast Financial and our CU before looking at coaches.

I'd say there is no reason to upgrade, as long as your coach is still reliable, unless you are moving up to get new technological features. We actually prefer a coach with older, simpler technology so we're good with a 2000.

If you want something that can only be had in a newer model, then go for it. Your grand kids will soon be off to college and this phase of your life will be over and gone.

Tags
ace, class a, diesel, replace