Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #15

Yes we checked that switch and it doesn't do anything....I think that is why several people told us it was the inverter....what do you think?
keikikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #16

My house batteries are right behind the drivers door and the other batteries are right in front of the passenger door if this helps, say a prayer for me
Old 05-20-2011, 12:24 AM   #17

mine are located in the same place also
Old 05-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
House batts

Keikikat you have a converter, not an inverter. A converter converts 120v AC to 12v DC, an inverter converts 12v DC to 120v AC. The switches you are talking about are to disconnect the batts, you have one switch for the house and one for the main that is the starting batt. You said the switch doesn't do anything. When you transfer either of these switches you should hear a big relay transfer. The relay is in the electronics box in front of the motor on the drivers side. I think you may have a blown fuse for that relay, that is also in that elect box.
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete & Linda View Post
Keikikat you have a converter, not an inverter. A converter converts 120v AC to 12v DC, an inverter converts 12v DC to 120v AC. The switches you are talking about are to disconnect the batts, you have one switch for the house and one for the main that is the starting batt. You said the switch doesn't do anything. When you transfer either of these switches you should hear a big relay transfer. The relay is in the electronics box in front of the motor on the drivers side. I think you may have a blown fuse for that relay, that is also in that elect box.
OK, my husband is now going to tell you HIS prospective on this....He says: "Our converter works fine. However, when we unplug from the shore power we have no 12 volt power and the inverter doesn't seem to be working. The little lights on the inverter aren't ever on. You mentioned that we didn't have an inverter but the "inverter" that we DO have says it is a 1000 watt "verter" and the converter is in the bathroom under the sink in a box where the house fuses are. They have been checked out and check out fine. We suspect that the "verter" is dead and the batteries may or may not be dead also. They have 12 volts across them but they were tested without a load. If the batteries were ok and the verter was dead would that cause the problem of no 12 volt items working with the electricity pulled?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
All of your lights are 12v. The output of an inverter is 120v. The inverter has nothing to do with your lights. If you unplug the MH the batts should run your lights. It sounds like a batt disconnect switch transfered or a relay or fuse. Again if you transfer the batt disconnect switch you should hear a large relay click in front of the motor on the drivers side (workhorse). All of this is assuming your batts are good.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #21

Thank you very very much....We also talked to a Fleetwood Tech here in Colorado Springs and he told us that the inverter that is on this thing was added by the previous owner. From what you told us and he told us....we now understand how this works and... we had an old RV before this that didn't have much of anything on it and its like we are starting over again...so thank you for helping us with this dilemma....we will be able to help someone else down the road, possibly, now that we understand how it all works.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #22
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not a problem, I had a 1972 Winnebago and then stopped camping and then the 04 Pace Arrow and it was a learning experience for me. Glad I could help.