RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2017, 05:52 PM   #1

Where to sell?

Hi Selling a Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA for [moderator edit] Does anyone know where I can advertise?[moderator edit]
Landone15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Look to the top of your screen right below the picture in the center. The classified section is there.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:27 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
First I would suggest you check the NADA RV Bluebook for pricing. Remember to only ad extra cost options into the bluebook calculator.
2014 Allegro M-36LA Ford 362hp Prices and Used Values | NADAguides

Then run your ad on RVTrader.com, RVT.com and the classified section of this forum. Include lots of pictures (20+) and a well written description. You can also run the ad on Craig's List, but it will attract the scammers.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:35 PM   #4

As documented in the NADA guide above, your asking price is about $15,000 above the upper end of the market. Lots of luck
Old 11-29-2017, 06:48 PM   #5

Here's a couple of previous posts I've made concerning photos. This may help you.

Photos for selling
We just sold our trailer on CL which was listed for about 3 weeks and it still had a lien on it. Sold to the first person that looked at it. Once they looked at it they loved it and offered a price of a few hundred below asking price. I accepted with the caveat that they give a deposit of 1K right now to hold it. They went to the bank and got a cashiers check for 1K. I had already drew up a detailed bill-of-sale and we both filled it out, signed & dated it. The next week they wired transferred the remaining balance to my bank acc't and then I proceeded to pay off the lien. The title will arrive in about 2 weeks which I'll turn over to them.

I'm a professional photographer and took 20 pictures and they were vey nice pic's, true color, well lit and showed features well. Get your coach outside in the sun light. Open all the shades. Set your white balance on your camera correctly. Clean and arrange the inside properly. Take photos that give people context. For example: A closeup of a new 32" color TV doesn't do anything. There's no context. If you step back and show them that same TV where its mounted and how it's viewed from inside the coach, that gives them context and is more meaningful to them. Or showing them 10 shots of storage bays is NOT useful. Having all the storage bays open on both sides and then taking a wide angle photo from a distance and showing the entire length of the coach with all the bays open is much more meaningful. Your pictures are to get their attention and email or call you for more detailed info. Bad, useless pictures = no emails or phone calls.

It's like anything else concerning marketing...a product requires good pictures or video to get peoples attention & trust. So if you're unable to take good, well lit photos have someone do it for you. It makes all the difference in the world. When you post bad pictures it says to the world, "I don't care about you seeing my stuff, I'm in a hurry, I also don't care about details". This all translates to potential buyers....I'm moving on.

Another post for shooting Photos for selling
Q:
Can any of you professional photographers give some advice on how to get the best interior pictures when all you have is an IPHONE6 or a cheap digital camera? Can we change the settings, can we get wide angle?

Sorry, no I can't because every camera is different. But if you want to get good images, it's all about telling the complete story and in order to do that you have to have and in this order:
• lots of good lighting
• proper white balance
• good lenses (usually in this case, one for tight shots and one wide angle)
• proper DOF
• shoot with context and highlight special details
• a good eye to compose shots
• do some post editing after shooting

If you can't achieve these things, hire someone like me. It's all about marketing. People buy with their eyes, so you have to put pleasing things in front of their eyes to succeed.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Here's a couple of previous posts I've made concerning photos. This may help you.

Photos for selling
We just sold our trailer on CL which was listed for about 3 weeks and it still had a lien on it. Sold to the first person that looked at it. Once they looked at it they loved it and offered a price of a few hundred below asking price. I accepted with the caveat that they give a deposit of 1K right now to hold it. They went to the bank and got a cashiers check for 1K. I had already drew up a detailed bill-of-sale and we both filled it out, signed & dated it. The next week they wired transferred the remaining balance to my bank acc't and then I proceeded to pay off the lien. The title will arrive in about 2 weeks which I'll turn over to them.

I'm a professional photographer and took 20 pictures and they were vey nice pic's, true color, well lit and showed features well. Get your coach outside in the sun light. Open all the shades. Set your white balance on your camera correctly. Clean and arrange the inside properly. Take photos that give people context. For example: A closeup of a new 32" color TV doesn't do anything. There's no context. If you step back and show them that same TV where its mounted and how it's viewed from inside the coach, that gives them context and is more meaningful to them. Or showing them 10 shots of storage bays is NOT useful. Having all the storage bays open on both sides and then taking a wide angle photo from a distance and showing the entire length of the coach with all the bays open is much more meaningful. Your pictures are to get their attention and email or call you for more detailed info. Bad, useless pictures = no emails or phone calls.

It's like anything else concerning marketing...a product requires good pictures or video to get peoples attention & trust. So if you're unable to take good, well lit photos have someone do it for you. It makes all the difference in the world. When you post bad pictures it says to the world, "I don't care about you seeing my stuff, I'm in a hurry, I also don't care about details". This all translates to potential buyers....I'm moving on.

Another post for shooting Photos for selling
Q:
Can any of you professional photographers give some advice on how to get the best interior pictures when all you have is an IPHONE6 or a cheap digital camera? Can we change the settings, can we get wide angle?

Sorry, no I can't because every camera is different. But if you want to get good images, it's all about telling the complete story and in order to do that you have to have and in this order:
lots of good lighting
proper white balance
good lenses (usually in this case, one for tight shots and one wide angle)
proper DOF
shoot with context and highlight special details
a good eye to compose shots
do some post editing after shooting

If you can't achieve these things, hire someone like me. It's all about marketing. People buy with their eyes, so you have to put pleasing things in front of their eyes to succeed.
Great post, marjoa. I am amazed at how many ads I see for a $100k+ RV that has only a couple of poorly composed & exposed cell phone photos along with a short sentence description. You are right, an ad like that tells potential buyers more about the seller than the item up for sale.

Question for us novices - what is involved in setting proper white balance?

Thanks.
Delaware beaches ----- DW & Kip the Wonder Dog
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:07 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Tony! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I would advertise in the free Classified section here on IRV2, and also in RVTrader.com! I would state in your ads that you can only accept a direct transfer of funds between their bank and yours, NO EXCEPTIONS. Just too many scammers out there!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:42 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sorry to say this but IMO you are a little high on your selling price. I bought a 2014 36LA in 2015 for $18K less then you have stated you want for yours. Also it had a lot of 1st buyer installed accessories. Good luck and follow the advise of those who stated the places to advertise.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote