Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2017, 03:24 PM   #1

Which Cargo Tray Slides?

Looking to add at least one cargo slide tray to the new to us '13 Ventana.

Wondering if there is any consensus re: brands to stay away from or best bets.

Looks like Slide Master is custom & top of the line? but can't see any prices w/o going through the spec / quoting process.

Based on previous posts I've looked at Kwikee, Journeyman (Newmar supplier?), MORRyde & SlideMaster

Insights & recommendations appreciated
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Can't recommend a brand, but I can pass on a good tip I read in these forums a while back, and that was that instead of getting a single slide tray that goes all the way through, get 2 half trays that meet in the middle. That way you can load taller items near the outside of both trays, and since the outer part of the tray doesn't have to slide under the rails you actually can load more on them. If you get a single tray you have to keep whatever you put on it low enough to fit under the rails when using the tray on the opposite side of the RV.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:42 PM   #3

A friend of mine made his own....he built a box, and used garage door track and wheels and tethered it so he's got access from either side without the box falling out. Also, the ends of the box fold half way open to make it easier for bigger items......
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:48 PM   #4

I installed two Moryde slides. Easy install and they do the job for the past 6-7 years.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:33 PM   #5

door track shelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
A friend of mine made his own....he built a box, and used garage door track and wheels and tethered it so he's got access from either side without the box falling out. Also, the ends of the box fold half way open to make it easier for bigger items......

Hey Bob,

do you have any pictures of your friends set up? I want to make my own also, mine will have to be kinda custom width. Thanks ahead of time

Sam
2005 Renegade #1204 42 footer Columbia M3200CH-435,12 speed auto Cat 12 kw Genset, Roadtrip Mission in-mot Dish Network, Washer dryer combo, Jeep Liberty toad,1973 Cessna Skylane,1955 Chev 210 Belair survivor
samcrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrimm View Post
Hey Bob,

do you have any pictures of your friends set up? I want to make my own also, mine will have to be kinda custom width. Thanks ahead of time

Sam
Sam, if you look at the Moryde site I think you will find they offer custom kits that you can order by length and then add your own floor width as required.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Can't recommend a brand, but I can pass on a good tip I read in these forums a while back, and that was that instead of getting a single slide tray that goes all the way through, get 2 half trays that meet in the middle. That way you can load taller items near the outside of both trays, and since the outer part of the tray doesn't have to slide under the rails you actually can load more on them. If you get a single tray you have to keep whatever you put on it low enough to fit under the rails when using the tray on the opposite side of the RV.
Exactly.

I have one full width tray - and I hate it. Some much storage wasted because everything has to be lower than the frame rails. Definitely get two half depth drawers, imho.

And to make matter worse, on my perticular coach the central vacuum has hoses Tha extend even lower than the frame rails... Don't know who at the factory thought this arrangement was ok. )-:.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:02 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have a Slidemaster that goes through both ways. The install took quite a bit of work on my RV as I had to remove tanks to get some of the bolts in the right spot. Overall I am very pleased with the quality of the slide, it is very well built. I have yet not encountered this issue mentioned above where it is much lower in the middle. I have mine stacked up very near the tops on the outside and have been able to go through in both directions. Of course I would recommend measuring 3-5 times, and then have someone double check for you
DamnYuppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I installed a MOR/Ryde full width tray in my previous 5th wheel basement. Very easy install and it was a huge improvement. I feel it was on par for quality with the factory installed trays in my current MADP. My opinion is that the access gained to items in the middle of the storage bay more than outweighs any space lost from the tray. I have two full width trays and am considering adding a one-sided tray in the aft bay. I'm tired of unloading everything to reach items in the back.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, M&G 2.0 Proportional Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:17 PM   #10

Sam....don't have pics, but the 'Old Coot's does....he has a thread in the 5er section...What did you do on your fiver today......pm him...mod king on Forest River forum.......he's the one who made most of the awning poles a lot of us use
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:54 AM   #11

I have a 13 Ventana 3434 and installed the Moryde full length slide which opens in both direction. But due to the position of the chassis frame rails, I lose a lot of storage space so if I were to do it again I would go with a 3/4 length or use 2 half length slides. This would give me the additional height storage at the 2 ends.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:24 AM   #12

Appreciate the tip against full width slide & difficulty w/ rails.

My Ventana is a 34 ft so not many storage bays.
My plan was to install one 3/4 depth full width (~42") of one passenger side door - the other side has the Oasis unit that blocks part of the bay - other part will work for stacking chairs so wasn't planning on a slide.
Sounds like so far everyone likes their units so not a huge difference in manufacturers?

Thanks
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide