Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2018, 07:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
Here is a good rundown of the pros and cons of new vs used.

Biohazard,
Thanks for posting the video, it was excellent!
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2018, 12:12 PM   #16

With 3 children i would go at least 38'. We are on our 3rd motor home and it is 41' pusher. If you go gas, must be the biggest you can get in the mountains. We had a workhorse 8.1 and it worked o.k. Before that ford 454 and it was not! Maybe the v10 would be o.k. ??
HUGH JARRELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:01 PM   #17

Which Class A should we get?

We started our search wanting a used 40G Fleetwood discovery lxe. Then it was a new one, then it was the 44R. We ended up buying a brand new newmar dutchstar 4326 w bunks...

Get the 2nd or 3rd RV you would buy down the road first. I would go w the 40G or the 44R rear bunk. Obviously buy what your budget will allow. Don’t buy for the price tag, buy for how much you can afford NOT to get back when you sell or trade plus expenses. You cannot replace time w your kids and you don’t want to have to do the search all over again.
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #18

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomTour View Post
Hello all,

My wife and I are new to the forums, but have been camping for a couple years with our Keystone Sprinter 311BHS travel trailer (towed by an F150 which HURTS).

We're looking to upgrade to a Class A at the end of this season, and we're looking at 3 different Fleetwood models. We have 3 kids, so having bunks is a must. We're also looking to take it out for about 2 months every summer to tour the country.

So far we've been really impressed by the Fleetwood Storm 36F (gas), Discovery 38N (diesel), and the Discovery 40G (diesel). The diesels are much nicer, but I don't know if they're almost double the money nicer.

Any thoughts, input, or advice is very much appreciated!

Chuck
As always, my advice is quality over newness, so go with a nice DP and for dropping back some years, until it meets your budget. Even go a step further and insist on a side radiator, which besides it's obvious benefits, it pretty much insures the coach quality, from top to bottom.
I'll venture to say, that we have way less money in ours, than a new Storm would have costs and there's no comparison IMO.
Did I mention, looking like new, smelling like new and with 33,400 miles on it?
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 04:00 PM   #19

Lots of opinions on how you should spend your money, but that what you asked for. With the useage you said it would get, either a gas or DP will work for you. Only you know what you can afford. Make a list of needs and wants. Check out both types in the price range you are comfortable with. When you find the one that's right, you will know.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a