Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2019, 01:02 PM   #1

Which coaches have the biggest sliders? (besides Winnebago)

I love how long the slides are on some of the Winnebago models. The bigger the better in my eyes.

Winnebago however is not on my list.
Country Coach, Foretravel, Newmar... Not Winnebago.

So what other coaches do you know that have massive slides that create huge interior space?
Burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2019, 01:29 PM   #2

Newmar has full wall slides. Go to www.Newmarcorp.com.

I had a 2010 Winnebago Tour (Great Coach) and after finding out that my wife never liked it, I bought a 2016 Newmar Dutch Star. both had a full wall slide on the drivers side of the coach
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:36 PM   #3

There are quite a number of full wall slide models out there. If you want one that extends further than the typical units do then you are into the million dollar and up coaches.

I like the full wall slide since it is on the kitchen side and doesn't go out as far as the curb slides. Makes it easy to use for lunch stops giving good access to the bath, kitchen, dining without opening any other slides.

Go to several large dealers and have a great time looking
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:43 PM   #4

A friend of mine had a 27 ft slide on his rv. I cant remember what kind his was. Im not sure I would want one that big. That's a lot of wall structure missing. I think I would prefer several smaller ones. Both my rvs have had 14 ft ones in the living room area. I haven't had any problems with them. Mine have both had hydraulic operators as well. Im not sure if I would want electric or not. Both my rvs were 15 years and older, and the slides still worked good.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:10 PM   #5

full slide outs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner View Post
I love how long the slides are on some of the Winnebago models. The bigger the better in my eyes.

Winnebago however is not on my list.
Country Coach, Foretravel, Newmar... Not Winnebago.

So what other coaches do you know that have massive slides that create huge interior space?
We have a 2017 Newmar BayStar Sport 2903 (30') and it has the full body slide out. We love it as it opens up the entire side and creates a large living space. There is a separate slide for the bedroom. The Newmar mechanism is solid, beefy and works really well.
belfast1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:24 PM   #6

Thanks everyone!
looks like American Coach has one as well..
Finding full walls in Tag models is proving to be challenging..
Burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks everyone!
looks like American Coach has one as well..
Finding full walls in Tag models is proving to be challenging..

Uh, not a problem on a unit with a tag, Our 2015 Newmar Ventana 4002 has a full wall slide on the driver side and we have a tag axle. Kitchen on this side as well. LOVE IT!
Old 02-25-2019, 06:11 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The slide on our 2000 National Sea Breeze extends 27". Our friends Winnebago is the same length but only goes out 18".
Old 02-25-2019, 06:27 PM   #9

depth of slide at extension is one thing--the bigger the better I suppose...but full wall slides are another.....can you imagine how much the strength and integrity of a coach's side-wall structure is compromised when you cut a hole in the side to accommodate a full-length slide?????
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:29 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
I'll pass on that big of a hole in the side of my DP plus a lot of them seem to give problems. It also requires you to go through the bathroom/toilet area if you do not put the slide out. The LR slide on the driver's side of my 08 Navigator is 19' long and goes out 34". There is 6' section where the bathroom is located between it and the back BR slide which is 11' long...30' of slides that do not give trouble and plenty of structure between the two holes.
Tiffin is making a 4 slide model that has 2' between the two slides making for 33' of slides.

Motorhomes of Texas take better pictures and no stuff on their counters.

<The other LR slide is only 18' long
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:04 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco made a few full wall slide coaches in 2007. The Monaco Executive McKinley we owned has a full wall slide (PanaSuite) with another opposing large slide. To get a feel for the interior space, open the picture up full size. The interior space is awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior looking forward 2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	236112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver side awning-slide out.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	236113  

vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:00 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Vito, last year I looked at a 07 Navigator 43’ with the PanaSuite full wall slide. While it had the robust slide mechanism on the front of the slide, the back portion had no visible means of support...no 3rd support. Between that and having to go through the fart room to get to the bed with it closed I looked for a different floorplan.

Vito, it’s unusual to go back in years when trading/upgrading???
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:50 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our 15 Fleetwood Discovery 40E has a 26' full wall slide. This is one of two models. Other one is on the passenger side. Have not heard any complaints of structural problems (Power bridge chassis) and only 1 problem retracting, not mine. There is a manual procedure to do so. Must follow strict guidelines to avoid problems.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:04 PM   #14

Quote:

O. M. G.

I fully understand that my reaction to your query will NOT be what you want to hear, but....

I've owned several Class A's now, and one thing I've decided is that the touted "full-wall slides" would be the absolute LAST feature I'd want.

Why? Simply because the added mass makes it that much more difficult for the machinery to move the slide, and that goes directly to the probability that, somewhere in the future, a mechanical problem will occur. Can I prove it? No. Does common sense dictate it? Yeah, I think it does.
fottip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, winnebago