Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Which TPMS do you use?
EezTire 53 16.56%
Tire Minder 15 4.69%
TST 241 75.31%
Tire Safeguard 8 2.50%
Tire Tracker 3 0.94%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2018, 10:36 AM   #113

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_M View Post
Well, I wouldn't call it a "scam", but TST's soliciting votes from their customers does indeed skew the poll results, since presumably more TST customers would then take part in the poll than would the owners of other brands. If all five companies asked their customers to vote, then the poll would not be skewed toward any one of them.

Still, if you follow TPMS threads, there is no doubt that TST is recommended more here on iRV2 than other brands.

FWIW, the poll is also skewed by the fact that the OP did not offer a choice for "Other" or "None"; thereby forcing readers to choose one of the five if they were interested in seeing the poll results.

I agree with this comment. I am a loyal TST 507 customer for the following reasons:

1. Their product is outstanding
2. Their customer service is so above and beyond that they create loyalty by how good they are.

I used a different TPMS before buying TST, product was just OK, and service was terrible. As for poll, call it what you want, if you read through several posts TST clearly wins on popularity because of my 2 points above.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2018, 10:36 AM   #114

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You will find in most polls (TPMS, Tire Brands, RV Brands, etc) is what people own is the best. People don't want to admit that they own an inferior product or another product is best. I am happy with my TPMS and the service after the sale. I wasn't happy with my SurgeGuard and upgraded to what I think is a better product.

Just mu opinion, you are welcome to your own.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:39 AM   #115

TST for almost 10 years. Great product, great service.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #116

TST for 7 years. Saved me about 4 times!
Old 02-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #117

TPMS

I use TST. I had it on my Class C View and then moved it to my Class A. I found that the panel could not receive the tow car signals reliably with the longer MH. I just installed the booster TST has and everything seems to be working fine.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:38 AM   #118

Newmar Owners Club
Here’s what you should be taking away from this “poll”.

1. Internet discussion board polls are not something you want to base buying decisions on. Never have been, never will be.

2. TST monitors this board. That is not a bad thing. Why don’t the others?
Old 02-23-2018, 11:41 AM   #119

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I went with EEZ after watching a Technomadia video. Chris said it would not display what he called STALE data like others. If a sensor quits working it will not display any reading at all. Others retain the last reading. He said others he had would display readings for his toad even though it was 30 miles away. If you were to lose a sensor you would have no way of knowing until you powered up again.

I have not installed my EEZ yet. Any thoughts?
Old 02-23-2018, 11:49 AM   #120

It doesn’t bother me. I also know TST hangs out here. Had already decided on their product. Just need to gather the cash to make the purchase. Can’t ever seem to find a “deal”.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #121

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
TST was my choice, read many reviews and studied all of them. I have had it a year now and it gives me such peace of mind as we travel. Customer service is the best too.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:54 AM   #122

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
It doesn’t bother me. I also know TST hangs out here. Had already decided on their product. Just need to gather the cash to make the purchase. Can’t ever seem to find a “deal”.
My point is that if the tire that had the bad sensor were to develop a problem you would not be warned because of the old stale reading.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #123

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_M View Post
FWIW, the poll is also skewed by the fact that the OP did not offer a choice for "Other" or "None"; thereby forcing readers to choose one of the five if they were interested in seeing the poll results.
YES!

And, PressurePro is a major player in TPMS. Why were they omitted from the poll?
Old 02-23-2018, 12:15 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
The poll results are certainly not valid as one of the contenders solicited votes by offering a reward. I guess if the others had done the same with their customer base, then it might have been valid.
So much for getting out the vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
What is evident, however, is that one of the companies listed as an option in the poll decided that our forum is a proper place to conduct a marketing effort thereby tainting the results.
Uh, thats a somewhat humorous statement considering that the forum takes paid advertisement as a funding source, as can be very easily seen. I would say that by definition it is part of a marketing effort.
Closed Thread