Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Which TPMS do you use?
EezTire 53 16.56%
Tire Minder 15 4.69%
TST 241 75.31%
Tire Safeguard 8 2.50%
Tire Tracker 3 0.94%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #99

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
I see that there is yet another thread on TPMS recommendations and thought it would be instructive to get a survey of members as to which brand they use.

1. EezTire
2. TST
3. Tire Minder
4. Tire Safeguard
5. Tire Tracker

There may be other good systems out there, but I have arbitrarily limited the field to the above based on a so-called top five list reviewed at

https://www.fiveina5th.com/landing/t...S%20Comparison

Note: If such survey has been posted within the last 12 months, please let me know and I will refer to that and delete this one.
I recently switched from Doran to the TST TMPS. It is small, easy to install, and works very well. Plus, you can insert your own batteries, which is much less expensive than buying new sensors.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2018, 09:01 AM   #100

TST

I have used TST for 3 years. No problems!
Old 02-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #101
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Pressure Pro

I've been using the Pressure Pro system for over 10 years. I've had to replace 9 sensors in that period of time due to dead batteries. I recently lost two more between Vegas and Laughlin so I called Pressure Pro. The mfg no longer sells to individuals like they have the last ten years. I was offered the name and number of two dist. so I called one. They didn't even know what the sensors were. The second said they were out of stock but would be sent this coming week. He tried to get 50 bucks out of me for each one but I said no way that I had always paid 35 bucks. Reluctantly he caved to 39 bucks plus 5 bucks shipping. I am very disappointed with Pressure Pro and will look into the TST system in the future.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:07 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
This poll is no longer valid thanks to TST’s attempt to skew the results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
Thanks for blowing the whistle on this scam.
Scam? No longer valid due to skewing the results? I fail to see any way that this invalidates results.

Pointing your customers to a poll and asking them to report if they are a satisfied customer makes complete sense to me. Its not like they were standing on the corner and enticing non-customers to participate. Even if respondents were not irv2 members before, and they are now, that's a great thing.

I'm happy that they (TST) participate in the community enough to even know that this question was asked. Thanx TST. Another great example of staying in touch with your customer base.

And for the record, I did participate in the poll, in part, because TST pointed it out to me. Even as an irv2 participate I hadn't noticed the poll until they said something. So if anything, their email is increasing the population size of participants within a qualified set of respondents.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:22 AM   #103

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
TPMS Poll

So apparently informing customers of a site that is of interest to those who weren't members invalidates a poll? I'll not mention who I went with as to not "skew" my comments.

The other manufacturers have the same option to reach out to their base. I looked hard & long at various manufacturers and customer reviews before making my selection. I look at negative comments first then work my way up to see if there's a common issue with the product. Many have issues. My product has worked well & I'll recommend it to whoever is asking.

Dissatisfied TST customers will not vote for the product, so your poll is still valid.

Had I had a TPMS system I would have saved twice the cost of the TPMS due to an inner rear going flat due to an extension leaking. I don't know how long it was flat and it could have come apart and destroyed my rear end but luckily I noticed the "low" outer and checked pressure to find 0 psi on the inner. inflating it back up showed bulging sidewalls and a ruined tire.

Buy one and use it!
Old 02-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #104

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Which TPMS do you use?

Quote:
Thanks for blowing the whistle on this scam. I was reading this post and scratching my head about how many folks were weighing in for TST. I’ve seen other posts like this one where other brands such as Pressure Pro were getting all the “votes”. Now I wonder if those polls were manipulated as well.

Not a big believer in polls anyway.

Wow I thought too that the replies seemed sort of generic and sounded like most customers of newly purchased items. I’m sure it’s a nice product but kind of a odd ploy by TST.
You can scroll back and see how many joined in recent hrs. I don’t hold it against any of them for playing or entering the raffle. They will like it here.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:29 AM   #105

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I believe your poll really shows how large and supportive the TST base is.

I've been very happy with my TST System and LOVE their customer support and engagement.

I don't see that with many RV vendors.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #106

I love my TST System. We had a stem leak, on our trip from Ottawa Ontario to Victoria BC, & was able to get off the road before we blew a tire. The TST System kept us advised of our tires all the way out & back, 13,000 Km. We have a 31 foot 5th wheel.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #107

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for blowing the whistle on this scam. I was reading this post and scratching my head about how many folks were weighing in for TST. I’ve seen other posts like this one where other brands such as Pressure Pro were getting all the “votes”. Now I wonder if those polls were manipulated as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotspike View Post
Scam? No longer valid due to skewing the results? I fail to see any way that this invalidates results.

Pointing your customers to a poll and asking them to report if they are a satisfied customer makes complete sense to me. Its not like they were standing on the corner and enticing non-customers to participate. Even if respondents were not irv2 members before, and they are now, that's a great thing.
Well, I wouldn't call it a "scam", but TST's soliciting votes from their customers does indeed skew the poll results, since presumably more TST customers would then take part in the poll than would the owners of other brands. If all five companies asked their customers to vote, then the poll would not be skewed toward any one of them.

Still, if you follow TPMS threads, there is no doubt that TST is recommended more here on iRV2 than other brands.

FWIW, the poll is also skewed by the fact that the OP did not offer a choice for "Other" or "None"; thereby forcing readers to choose one of the five if they were interested in seeing the poll results.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:58 AM   #108

I'm looking to get a system for my RV and been doing some research. It's good that people are happy with their TST system but why is it worth the extra money over the EEZ TPMS? Also is having the color screen so your numbers are a color other then black really worth the up charge on that as well? Is the customer service and contests really worth the extra $50 - $100+ ?
Old 02-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #109

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The poll results are certainly not valid as one of the contenders solicited votes by offering a reward. I guess if the others had done the same with their customer base, then it might have been valid. But the way it worked out it is in no way a valid polling. Too bad, I was really interested in seeing how it did shake out.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
Old 02-23-2018, 10:04 AM   #110

Mr. Gravell of TST replied that he did send out the email as posted by CountryB. He made no other comments except thanking me for my support. Rich.

This thread is not about whether or not TST is a good product. I'm sure it is for many folks. What is evident, however, is that one of the companies listed as an option in the poll decided that our forum is a proper place to conduct a marketing effort thereby tainting the results.

I fully realized going in that polls such as this are not scientific, but I had a reasonable expectation that the results would be at least representative of the members.

I consider the poll to be invalid will ask an administrator to delete it.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:23 AM   #111

National RV Owners Club
I would like to jump in on this poll, especially since I'm the first one to post in another forum about the TPMS now known as TST. A friend of mine had a flat on his Toad on the front left tire and didn't know it was flat until someone pulled alongside him honking his horn and pointing to the Jeep. Rick pulled over and found that the tire was almost completely off the wheel and it was smoking. Had it not been for that person it may have been a really bad day for Rick. He found a System that would let him know if his tires would be losing air. I started looking for one that would do psi and temperature since I think prior to a blowout the tire would heat up. In Dec 2007 I found a Company in Colorado that sold a TPMS that monitored both psi and temperature. I ordered the System and posted the info on another forum, soon a lot of other rv'ers were ordering that System. Unfortunately for that Company it was too overwhelming and he started charging customer cards without shipping product. This is when TST began, not only did they take over the product, they honored all of us who had problems with the System purchased out of Colorado by covering any defects. How many Companies would do that? So I have been with TST since it's beginning and I have watched as more TPMS Companies have jumped on the band wagon.
A few years ago my monitor would go off on the front left tire on my Toad, I was not on the road but was parked at an RV park. I looked at the tire and saw no flat, checked the air with a gage and was good. This happened every once in a while over a few days. I took the Toad to a Tire shop and told them what was going on, they took it off and emerged it in water but could not find it leaking. They then took the tire off the rim and used a tool that pulled the sidewalls down and spread them and BINGO, they found that the tire was splitting from the inside. This is what was setting off my TPMS as the tire had to be in the right position to spread the split to cause the slow air leak. Hate to think what may of happened towing the Toad down the road.
I love my TST 507 system and don't leave home without it. What I also like is hearing and reading the stories that TST can be contacted anytime even on a week end on a personal cell phone, how many Companies are that customer friendly?
Old 02-23-2018, 10:33 AM   #112

Moderator: Please delete my poll. I consider the results to be invalid. Thanks.
Closed Thread