Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #43

Ford Super Duty Owner
My dw drives our 38 and believe me she can handle it. As i have a broken leg (long story) she has put on 600 miles hwy and n.c 2 ln more like one lane with yellow srripe down the center. Ladies you should learn you can do it
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #44

Freightliner Owners Club
Susan, loves to drive, we would not be full timing if she did not. I talk to some friends last year, they informed me of some friends of theirs where the wife did not drive, husband died of a heart attack. After a week of not hearing from them friends went up to the campsite. The rest is history.
Find someone to teach them, DO NOT BE THE TEACHER.
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My DW would not even drive are car if I am in it. She had a small accident a few years ago am now hates to drive any where.
toadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
When the DW drives, I put the foot rest up close my eyes and keep my mouth shut....We always get there safely....
kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #47

Thor Owners Club
Alpine Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I only have a 30' but also pull a truck and 35' horse trailer and do so alone regularly.

When DH and I use the rug together we split the driving 50/50. We both hate being the passenger. Lololol

My mom was a scool bus driver and then trainer so I learned early in life women can handle something larger than a station wagon. :-D
Old 05-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #48

Unfortunately my wife is ergonomically unable to drive our MH. There isn't any telescopic adjustment in the steering column, inadequate angular adjustment of same and no vertical adjustment of the driver's seat. The seat is also too deep for her from front to back

These deficiencies were common to every M-H we looked at within our price range, so I had to take on the task 100%. We looked for a Gillig-based M-H, as I'd driven Gillig transit coaches and knew they had enough adjustability for anyone. Unfortunately there were none around at the time.

Our emergency "get home" is a one-way airline ticket for a son-in-law from Seattle or Bellingham to wherever we're stuck.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not 39' but close. I do all the driving. The wife has medical issues and doesn't feel comfortable behind the wheel.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
I do all of the driving and like it that way. After driving big trucks nationwide for several years in an earlier life I'm very comfortable on the interstate, city streets, or the "Million Dollar Highway" between Durango and Ouray. DW is very content to put her feet on the dash and watch the scenery go by. If a REAL emergency made it necessary for her to drive for help she could and would.