Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2017, 04:47 PM   #71

We had an oven in our trailer and we never used it. The coach we have does not have an oven but has a convection microwave. We sometimes use the convection feature of the microwave and it works fine for us.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2017, 04:59 PM   #72

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
[emoji79] I’m constantly amazed people say they have no oven only a convection microwave [emoji43] a convection oven is a oven!! it gets 400 degrees hot .. hot enough to bake potatoes not microwave them. I honestly believe people hear microwave and think it’s somehow microwaving and baking with heat at the same time .. some can but that’s not the way they cook ! If those of you without a “oven” looked at a few convection recipes. Oh well
Old 09-23-2017, 05:42 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
We are searching for our first Class A and my DW wants an oven.

She thinks it would be useful and a necessary appliance in any kitchen. We use the oven at home at lot (probably more than our cooktop when preparing dinners.

We are looking at pre-owned MHs, and most of the used MHs I have seen and like don't have an oven.

Some posters have said that a MH oven is "not like a home oven" - in that they are too small. They suggest using an "outside grill" as an oven when needed.

Does anyone here have an Oven?
And if so, do you use it, and is it as useful as your home oven?

Wife use the convection oven in the microwave and seems to get along fine, at least I enjoy the results.
SmokeyJoeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:26 PM   #74

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
[emoji79] I’m constantly amazed people say they have no oven only a convection microwave [emoji43] a convection oven is a oven!! it gets 400 degrees hot .. hot enough to bake potatoes not microwave them. I honestly believe people hear microwave and think it’s somehow microwaving and baking with heat at the same time .. some can but that’s not the way they cook ! If those of you without a “oven” looked at a few convection recipes. Oh well
I guess it's all in the application. In my case, why would I want to run a 7.5 kw generator for an hour to operate the convection oven when I could just fire up the propane powered oven and bake that potato? If you're paying to stay in a FHU campground, that's a little different, but I rarely have any hookups. So, if I fire up the generator to bake a potato, I'll probably just microwave it in a few minutes. Sorry if that fact wasn't clear, but didn't know my opinion would be dissected so thoroughly.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:13 AM   #75

We have a propane below and an electric oven above (w/microwave). The lower oven is really handy to store potato chips in! Would not leave home without it!
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote