Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2021, 11:37 PM   #1

Who is manufacture of cruise is on fly by wire/electronic Cummins/Allison DP

Who supplies it .Had three toggle switches next to Shift panel.
Idle up/down...on/off...set/resume. It seems to be difficult to gain any info on the system ,troubleshooting,operation or a stand alone diagram. My coach has four diagrams ,one for King cruise used mechanical engine. Three others for my optional M11/4060 with just different wire numbers to those switches.
If I'm idling. (on + set ) idles up to 900 rpm. I understand that's proper. Idle up/down does nothing. When do those work.? When I bought rig a wire was off. Three cruise switches had Lower power main pos. that jumped to all three switches, pulled out of spade ,I fixed that . Unfortunately the speedo quit right before fix so I couldn't test cruise. I have Allison updated output sensor on order.
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2021, 02:02 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I expect it is a Cruise King system, but support is no longer available AFAIK.

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 03:08 PM   #3

I don't have any throttle actuator even though it's a 95. but the controls look nothing like King Air or diagram page. I have the King Air guide because the mech. 8.3 was standard for my MH. I have the M-11 Celect or Celect plus electronic injected that was optional. King Air were for mechanical injected motors. It's a more modern system used on electronic injected motors but not on steering wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhittle View Post
I expect it is a Cruise King system, but support is no longer available AFAIK.

Paul
Old 03-27-2021, 06:10 PM   #4

If it is electronic fuel injection it is most likely Cummings factory cruise control. Does it have an electronic throttle (i.e., drive by wire?)

I have a CAT C10 with similar (On/Off – Resume/Decrease – Set/Increase). Set/Increase is the fast idle. Stepping on the brake drops the fast idle. My CAT has electronic fuel injection with an electronic throttle. The Cruise Control (CC) is integrate in to the CAT ECM. I had a problem where I lost the use of the Cruise Control (CC) and at the same time the fast idle quit working. After a bunch of troubleshooting (wire & voltage checks) it turned out it was the brake “light” switch.

On my coach there are 2 pressure switches in the air brake system. One pressure switch is for the brake lights and the contacts close (turn on) when the brake is applied. This is a Normally Open (NO) switch. The second pressure switch is for the CC and the contacts open (turn off) when the brake is applied. This is a Normally Closed (NC) switch.

I was able to chase it down to a bad CC pressure switch. The pressure switch contacts failed (would not close) and made the CC think the brake was applied. The CC switch is Normally Closed (NC) switch and by installing a temporary jumper to “by pass” the pressure switch the fast idle started working and the CC when tested.

The CC pressure switch contacts “open” at 3psi raising pressure. On my coach the pressure switches are located in the front run bay under the driver's seat. Finding the new pressure switch was a pain. Ended up finding a work around on Ebay.

The Cummings CC may be similar enough to the CAT system the write up is helpful.
Old 03-27-2021, 08:17 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
I don't have any throttle actuator even though it's a 95. but the controls look nothing like King Air or diagram page. I have the King Air guide because the mech. 8.3 was standard for my MH. I have the M-11 Celect or Celect plus electronic injected that was optional. King Air were for mechanical injected motors. It's a more modern system used on electronic injected motors but not on steering wheel.

I missed the part about the M11. We had a 94 Crown Royale with the mechanical C8.3 and it had the King Cruise.

Glad you knew better that to listen to my answer.

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:32 PM   #6

I do believe it is from Cummins part of fly by wire My basic 3 switches are I'm pretty sure are same as ones on earlier steering wheel controls just with relays or simple control box. Smart wheels provably trigger same contacts as my switches. The problem I just can't find any info , documents ,instructions besides some tid bits on adaptive cruise.
Seems like such an easy question but I just can't find the answer. I have found parts to 70 year old gearboxes easier.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:54 AM   #7

Seriously nobody knows anything about cruise control used on electronic Cummins with Allison trans. or have any documents , links.

Tags
allison, cummins