Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Most definitely shop around and negotiate. We managed to get almost $800 off our initial quote, plus tire/wheel coverage thrown in for free at WW. Also, as others have said, consequential damage is really a must.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
StevieG, What did you finally do? Did Wholesale Warranties give you the needed info for ProTrek? Looking myself and have WW proposal. Hope you have some up to date info.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Protrek does not offer consequential damage, which is something I want, if I'm going to spend the money on oneof these things... so they quoted me a policy through Interstate, which was QUITE a bit more money. In reading a few other threads, all basically asking the same questions, I found someone with a policy that was written by WW, had very good coverage and about $3K for 4 years. I cut and pasted the details to WW on Saturday to see if I would be eligible for this plan, and am waiting to hear back from them. Since they are 3 hours behind the east coast, I assume it will be later today... I will let you know. Also got quotes through Good Sam and Cornerstone. If WW can provide the same plan, coverage, and terms, as the one I sent, I will probably go with them.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Popcorn Man this is the policy I refer to above...

We have an Allegiance CSI Care policy through Wholesale Warranties. I just made the last payment on our 18 month - no interest plan, for a total of $3,024.00

Our plan is:

- an exclusionary policy
- tire and wheel coverage
- leveling system coverage
- slide out coverage
- deluxe appliance and high tech coverage
- consequential damage / non-covered part cause of loss
- covered part of loss
- seals, gaskets and sealing boots

It's a 48 month/40,000 mile policy
Old 02-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had policies thru WW on three different TVs and have been happy with all of them. WW is usually very easy to work with. I wanted to go with GS on my MH, but it had more miles on it that they will insure. I did cheat on the miles just for a quote and then checked with WW and the quote for my '01 LTC Tradewinds was over $2500 with a $250 difference in deductible with GS being higher and excluding more items.The reason that I didn't get one thru WW was that the two best ones they offered didn't cover refrigerators and since mine was a 12 CF and was about $4K to replace.
One of the problems with putting a little in the bank each month is that I decided to do that and the fourth month I had the MH and had $500 in the bank,the rear axle seal went out and I had to replace that,the brake pads on that side and the ABS sensor that got gummed up. The $500 didn't nearly cover what would have been a covered repair.
I will say that my auto insurance company, PEMCO, has been great about covering other things on the MH like the time the wind in Death Valley shredded the slide toppers and unrolled the awning and ruined it or when the tree limb fell on the roof and cracked it and they had to replace the roof and the inside wall after it leaked. Just couldn't talk them into replacing the burned out muffler with an XL 50/50 when it burned out and caused the flex tailpipe to burn out and start a small fire while we were going down the freeway. They did,however pay for all the other repairs, including the pipe. that the fire caused.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
So far my best quote by far has come from ACC Warranty. I'm still awaiting Wholesale Warranties. Good Sam was quite a bit higher than ACC for my coach. We'll see what Wholesale says.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Medico, thanks! I reached out to ACC tonight for a quote. For some reason, Wholesale Warranties doesn't seem very interested in working with me at this point... after 3 days of requesting a revised quote, I haven't heard back from them...so I'm moving on...
Old 02-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
I know there are several current threads rolling about this company and extended warranties in general... So I called them and got what seems to be a very good initial quote from them through "Protrek". The Administrator is First Automotive Service Corp. The insurance company that backs the policy is Dealers Assurance Company. Does anyone have any experience with this specific policy? I am asking because I read several of you have "Xtra ride" through Wholesale Warranties...

Also, anyone that has dealt with Wholesale Warranties in general... Did you negotiate your ultimate policy cost?

I am beginning to realize you can spend a lot of time researching what is covered, adding on "riders", negotiating, and then comparing to other companies, and in the end hope it will be worth it.
Hi SteviG I am going exactly the same process now with WW. I have always self insured so am very much torn(if only one could predict the futureLOL) I just bought a diesel pusher and one problem could cost hughe even tho the engine should outlast me. TOUGH DECISION Incidently your $2800 is lower than my $3997 for my 2006 Camelot . What r u running down the road? I am going to start negoatiating with them if not satisfactory I will self insure and draw interest on my Assurance backer!!

ROLLY ZMMER
Rolly Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
As of today, I've completely eliminated WW as a prospect. Their rep read the contract from ACC and said its a very good one... She saw the price $2440 (2 years) $500 deductible exclusionary policy and said she couldn't come close in price. their price was nearly $1000 more with all the add ons... I was told from ACC they have Consequential damage included and am waiting to see where it says it has it. If I see it, I will move on it. If not... I am back to the drawing board...
Old 02-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Rolly, I have a 2003 Fleetwood Discovery DP with a 330 HP Cat and 33K miles. New to me... thats why I want a 2 year EW. Need to get to know it and then decide if I want to renew. I was also geting an additional $200 off if I sign up today, but I don't think that is happening at this point... getting late and I'm not signing up with anyone until I know exactly what I'm getting in writing... This is a tricky game to get a claim paid if it's in writing... no way I can count on saying "but the salesman told me..." and plan to get paid.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #39

Retired Fire Service RVer's
I got the same offer if I signed on today. I do not even have the coach yet. My quote was considerably higher, probably because the value of the coach. I'm almost to the point that I will bank the $3400 and see what happens. $3400 plus $500 deductible will pay for a lot of stuff.

If I decide to sign with them, I will be negotiating. I really have to think on this. I mean, I'm talking almost $4000 for 2 years. That's nuts!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #40

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzfan View Post
Has anyone ever thought about just setting up a little account for unforseen problems and pay that same amount of money into it each month...? Seems like you would come out way ahead in the long run and you'd be saving your own money...!
That's what self insuring means. Keep money in the bank and pay for repairs out of it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi All, Got quote from WW (ProTrek) on my 2008 Tiffin gasser. The contract states whats covered and whats not and says a non covered part damaged by a covered part is not covered. If a covered part damages a non covered part it will not be covered. I believe thats called consquential damage. Cost for 3 years or 36,000 is $2,297 if paid up front, also includes tire coverage for 3 years Also covered are the slides, levelers, seals & gaskets, frig, heating system.ect. For the money I think I will buy it. I bought this RV used 3 years it had a service contract the original owners bought at LazyDays. I took it over for $50 and used it twice (steps & levers) had no problems.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #42

not covered?

Unless I read your post wrong, I think you would want your non-covered and covered part warranted irregardless of what damaged what. That is consequential coverage. You need that according to everybody who bought or is buying a plan. I am also contemplating whether to purchase a service plan or self insure and now am leaning toward the self insure.
khamsher is offline   Reply With Quote