Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
The Protrek policy covers these parts: Crankshaft and main bearings, pistons and piston rings,timing gear and chain, connecting rods and bearings, push rods, camshaft followers and bearings, valves valve springs, valve guides, harmonic balancer, rocker arms, timing gear, fly wheel, oil pump and more and ends with this statement. " and all lubricated parts of the engine" Tell me what I'm missing that should be in there! There is more under engine coverage I just did't have room to put it all in this message.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
I gave up on Wholesale Warranties. if you ask, you will fin that Protrek has no consequential damage, which I want. That is if a noncovered part damages a covered part and visa versa... If you insist on it... the next company they will try to sell you on is Interstate, which is quite a bit more... Like $1000 more...

I was working with ACC Warranty as well, and who say their contract comes with it, but they stopped e-mailing me back after I asked them to show me in writing on their contract where they have consequential damage listed. Too bad they wouldn't show me it in writing, as it was at a fairly good price and if they did, I would have given them my CC info to pay in full. Maybe it's for the better... or maybe they will call in a week or when they go through their old leads... I know the owner reads the posts in here... so if you are... WHat Up???
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #45

Fleetwood Owners Club
To further the above: If you click on the link below, you will see that ACC Warranties states "DAMAGE TO NON-COVERED COMPONENTS BY A COVERED COMPONENT" YES. This is right out of their brochure. Yet they don't have the same sentence anywhere in their contract. Why not? When I asked, I was told that because it's an "exclusionary" policy, that by virtue of that fact... it was included. Sorry, but in my world of logic, if a contract states a part is excluded... and there's nothing that says anywhere "it will be covered if a covered part causes it to be damaged"... I don't think I will win in an argument with a claims rep that it is... Maybe if I say the guy that sold me the contract told me it was? right... Steve as you said to me... Come on...

Compare RV Warranties - ACC Warranty - Good Sam ESP - Star RV Warranty
Old 03-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #46

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I believe I have decided to bank the large sum and take my chances. As I said previously, my BEST quote was $3440 for 2 years with $500 deductible. So lets recap, almost $4000 on the chance something will be covered. And this was the BEST quote I could get. Steve did mention he could give me 1 year for about $2500. So let's see that's $3000 with deductible for ONE YEAR COVERAGE! The next best was $2900 per year with $500 deductible for 1 year. These prices are nuts!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #47

Protech Warranty with 100 deduct.

I was just given a quote for around 2200 for this excusionary policy for 3 years and 55k miles. I was wondering if anyone else has used this company? Last thing I want is to argue with them over repairs. I can get a zero deduct for 2500 but trying to get them to throw in that for free and increase miles to 100k.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #48

For what its worth, I purchased a four year, 48k mile, $100 deductible, all-inclusive *(includes FOUR tire replacements over life of contract) from ACC Warrantee Services on advice of my mechanic. Unit is a 2001 Holiday
Rambler Endeavor V10, with 47,210 miles. Two months into term, refer (four door unit w/icemaker) blew. Replaced main circuit board, icemaker and condenser. Total cost....the $100 deductible. Three months later, while just over 150 miles from home, blew brake line. Total brake failure. Towed 27 miles. Replaced almost 10' of custom fabricated brake line, six hours of labor and of course new fluid and bled brakes. Total cost...$100. I'm happy. Paid $3,200 for policy with 10 months no interest
joeb1943.910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #49

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
Popcorn Man this is the policy I refer to above...

We have an Allegiance CSI Care policy through Wholesale Warranties. I just made the last payment on our 18 month - no interest plan, for a total of $3,024.00

Our plan is:

- an exclusionary policy
- tire and wheel coverage
- leveling system coverage
- slide out coverage
- deluxe appliance and high tech coverage
- consequential damage / non-covered part cause of loss
- covered part of loss
- seals, gaskets and sealing boots

It's a 48 month/40,000 mile policy
FYI ... this is my post on our CSI Policy.

We have not used the policy yet, but we do have a few things on the motorhome that we will be pursuing against the policy. Once we get it into the shop, I'll update to inform how the process went.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #50

Must be my quotes are so high because of the value. My $3440 quote was for TWO YEARS only with $500 deductible. If I could get 4 years for $3000 I might consider it, but 2 years, no way! For 4 years my best quote was $5875 with $500 deductible.

WW wanted $5997 for 2 years with a $200 deductible. TWO YEARS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Again, I was okay with the quote from ACC Warranty @ $2240 for 2 years with a $500 deductible... If I could have seen in the contract what I was told verbally, in e-mails, and saw in their comparison chart with regards to consequential damage.

If anyone reading this thread has an ACC policy now can comment on this, I would like to know your thoughts. Do you feel you have this coverage and if so, what makes you think you do?
Old 03-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #52

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
Must be my quotes are so high because of the value. My $3440 quote was for TWO YEARS only with $500 deductible. If I could get 4 years for $3000 I might consider it, but 2 years, no way! For 4 years my best quote was $5875 with $500 deductible.

WW wanted $5997 for 2 years with a $200 deductible. TWO YEARS!
Medico, what is your coach value? Your quotes are definitely very high...
Old 03-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #53

So who is the policy with? I thought these guys were just brokers.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #54

Can I inquire what your deductable is and have you used the plan at all? Is the deductable on these plans service specific? In other words if my slides go out and my ac, will I pay 2 deducts or one if I repair at the same time?
Old 03-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #55

That seems like a reasonable deal. Your coach is over 10 years old. My coach is really less than 3 years in service. I would think I should get a longer coverage for the price they are quoting me. I am surprised they would even insure a coach older than 10 years.

I guess the real answer is how you are accepted at the service center. I had a home warranty one time and only new companies would accept because they would never pay the service tech.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #56

StevieG: The wholesale value of our coach is $265000, retail is up to $350K depending on who you talk to. We actually paid far less than the wholesale value. We will have close to $50K in equity before our down payment.

deasnealy: To answer another question, the deductible is per incident. If you have 1 problem you have fixed during that incident you pay the deductible. However if you have 5 things repaired during that incident you will still pay the one deductible. Bottom line, if you can wait and combine things into one incident you are far better off. However if you have a major problem, get it fixed regardless of whether you have more than one item.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]