Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2022, 06:08 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
...Roughly $25,000 more than two years ago. ....
1) Were you told this within the last 30 days?
2) I've just started shopping, what model?
3) Good luck!
gwill1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2022, 07:44 AM   #58

The housing market is in the same initial stages of a downturn. Inflation, Interest Rates and Fuel prices are all conspiring to turn things around to a (well healed) Buyers, and not a Sellers, market.

My son is in the market for a house and it all sounds very familiar. Of course the fear of a Recession is already raising its ugly head.

Soon, only those with significant funds on hand will be able to make sizable purchases.
MevetS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 08:59 AM   #59

If financing look at credit unions. Mine here in nj is offering 4.25 plus an additional.25 for automatic payment model yrs 18-22. 5% plus the additional .25 for ato magic pmt mod yrs 14-17. Sometimes financing is a better deal than pulling money out of a 401 where you’re paying 15% tax. Fully agree various costs of operation and maintenance are holding folks back plus insecurity concerning employment. The present situation requires us all to do a lot of homework before deciding on anything.
Old 07-14-2022, 07:47 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonAZ View Post
Just curious what you all think is driving the market right now and where it's trending. I have about a dozen tabs open on used early 2000s DPs and every few days I'll hit refresh to see how quickly it sold or whatever.

I've noticed this trend where it will start at $45k, then I hit refresh and it's at $40k, then $35k, then $30k and there it will sit for awhile.

Just curious if anybody else has noticed this and what the driving force is behind it. I mean, diesel is at $6 per gallon right now and I expect it to be over $7 in the next few months. I'm assuming it's basically because no matter how much cash you have $750 fill ups aren't for the faint of heart.

Just curious what you're all seeing out there.
We are on the other end of this situation. We have a 2019 Sprinter based Class C that we have been trying to sell. It has 8300 miles and is "like new". As far as I can tell we have it priced below other advertised prices. Granted, advertised price and sold price are different. Been on the market for 5 months and no serious offers. Lots of looks.

Les
T.O. CA
Mirada2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 05:15 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirada2005 View Post
We are on the other end of this situation. We have a 2019 Sprinter based Class C that we have been trying to sell. It has 8300 miles and is "like new". As far as I can tell we have it priced below other advertised prices. Granted, advertised price and sold price are different. Been on the market for 5 months and no serious offers. Lots of looks.

Les
T.O. CA
The world has changed... A pandemic...that won't go away..., Inflation, war in Ukraine, and for many, a realization that that the world no longer resembles the one they grew up in is being internalized. This creates uncertainties. RVing is a luxury. Uncertainties in a world do not support the purchase of luxury items for most people.

My Aspen Trail 2340 I purchased at 23,600 in Feb 2021 went as high as above 40K there for awhile new last Summer. They have now settled in around 35K but they are NOT moving. Cars are not moving either. Vehicles in a late payment status has moved from low single digits as a percentage of loans to as much as 30% in some states. There is no data on RV's.
Redfour5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:36 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwill1010 View Post
1) Were you told this within the last 30 days?
2) I've just started shopping, what model?
3) Good luck!
1/ Yes, about 3 weeks ago

2/ 2013 43' Allegro Bus QGP

3/ Will have to list it first. Each time I start, I hesitate wondering if we'll miss it.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:36 AM   #63
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The RV market will eventually reach saturation and the laws of supply and demand will be at the point where the market becomes a buyers' market. The sellers will have to reduce prices to attract the buyers.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 12:43 PM   #64

Looks like the supply here in NE Oregon has reached saturation because the nearby RV dealers lot went from packed to nearly empty overnight (or over a week or two actually). I'd wager they've shipped them off to some RV sales hotspot in the PNW to get them sold.

Don't think they've been sold as they typically put a large 'SOLD' sign in the windows when they are and over the weeks of passing the place, only saw a single sold sign and that was like 4 weeks ago.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 07:36 PM   #65

Price cutting is a retailing industry-wide sales technique, and you noticed. Many other people noticed too. What would be your reaction if the price never dropped or increased $5k?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 03:21 PM   #66

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Went RV shopping with my daughter and her husband last Saturday.

Both lots we went to were completely full of new RV's and we were the only people looking.

This was in the Fresno California area which has a total population of about 1 million people.

I'm starting to think the RV boom is over.
Wave to me I am in Tollhouse CA! One thing I am sure of if people look at getting service before they buy then this is a major factor. If they don`t then they better. Long wait times for a appointment plus parts backordered. No one wants to buy a RV and miss their travel times.
Desert Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:34 AM   #67

Motivated Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonAZ View Post
Just curious what you all think is driving the market right now and where it's trending. I have about a dozen tabs open on used early 2000s DPs and every few days I'll hit refresh to see how quickly it sold or whatever.

I've noticed this trend where it will start at $45k, then I hit refresh and it's at $40k, then $35k, then $30k and there it will sit for awhile.

Just curious if anybody else has noticed this and what the driving force is behind it. I mean, diesel is at $6 per gallon right now and I expect it to be over $7 in the next few months. I'm assuming it's basically because no matter how much cash you have $750 fill ups aren't for the faint of heart.

Just curious what you're all seeing out there.
If you’re looking at a DP for $45K, it’s not financing that’s causing the price to drop. It’s probably a motivated seller: divorce, move, death in the family, or just don’t want the maintenance cost anymore.

That’s a technique I use on eBay when I’ve got something I want to get rid of and I’m following my dear departed Granddad’s philosophy that, “Any percent of something is better than 100% of nothing.” I’ll drop the price by a modest amount periodically to find the equilibrium price.

Yes, there are some COVID RV’ers who are disappointed and selling their financed units. Those aren’t $45K DPs! Others have found that the DH or DW isn’t 168 hours a week dear!

Cheers!