Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #85

Fleetwood Owners Club
I was only waving at the silver colored Corollas, just to many Corollas out there. Maybe just wave at 74 lime green Gremlins, no to many out there and I heard they are a friendly bunch.
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #86

Mostly because I have a death grip on the steering wheel.
Nuiloa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #87

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I either wave or make some gesture with my noggin if i have both appendages on the wheel.

we try to be friendly.......mostly

we still call our rv the "trailer" out of habit.... but we have no class
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #88

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpadave View Post
I have been a biker and a boater for over 20 years. I have been a motorhomer for only 2 years. Here's what I cant figure out. Why don't people you pass in motorhomes ever give you a wave back? When your on the road and you pass a fellow RV'er. it seems like there would be so much more comeradity than there is. Your out on the open road, your partaking in the American dream, your living life on the edge and experiencing life to it fullest potential.( at least that's how I feel when I'm behind the wheel, even if it's only for the weekend) but seldom ever get a wave back from fellow RV'ers. whats the deal? I'm talking even on 2 lane roads, at slower speeds....... Are RV'ers all just a little snooty and maintain a "I've arrived" mentallity? If you give a wave to a fellow RV'er in passing, let me know with an (I do) just so I know that I'm not in the "snooty club of Americas" favorite pastime........
I don't understand why you would try to lay a guilt trip on the RVer's for being "snooty" Bring your coach to one of the races at Talladega and camp in the infield with us. Everything from converted school buses to Prevost's parked side by side having a ball. We camp in the family areas.

I've had a motor home since 1986 and have never felt a tradition of waving to each other. Maybe when two coaches of like make and or model pass, but not like on a Harley or in a Vette where it is a tradition and you are looking for the wave. If someone didn't wave back, they probably didn't see you. When I'm out on the lake in the Baja I always get a wave from another performance boat. In the pontoon or on a dirt bike, not so much.

As a group, I found RVer's to be about the friendliest bunch out there.

Dave

Dave
Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #89
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Waving

If I'm not in traffic and relaxed I will wave. But if thetraffic is heavy or on poor road conditions I would rather avoid hitting someone than wave. So I keep my hands on the steering wheel. Sometimes you just wave too late
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #90

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunde01 View Post
... When I'm out on the lake in the Baja I always get a wave from another performance boat. In the pontoon or on a dirt bike, not so much.
Dave
If I see you out on the lake on a dirt bike, I GUARANTEE you that I will wave, take photos, etc
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #91

Aha! A Latinist! Praemonitus, praemunitus! (the saying, not the book............)

Glad to meet you!

;-)
route66fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #92

No class here ours is just a camper, the jeep is transportation. Not unfriendly just never felt the need to wave at everyone I come across in 30 + years of campers, boats, motorcycles, and Jeeps especally when I'm meeting them 60 mph!
bbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #93

Monaco Owners Club
I'd probably lose control of my rig if I saw a motorhome waving at me as it passed.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #94

You know, I remember when you walked down the sidewalk down town. Now as a side note, who walks downtown any more? But when we did, and we met face to face we would stop shake hands and say hi, and go on. I recon if we were traveling at 6 or 10 miles an hour, we could do that again. Boy could you picture the traffic back up at the town square on Sunday afternoon? With that in mind, I was traveling west on Hwy 90, just coming into the town of Milton, Florida. I had to stop at a traffic signal, and low and behold, across the street was a Tundra pulling a Freedom Express.Just like mine! I really wanted to stop and talk to him/her (I could not see into the truck) I bet if we were in the camp ground we could have demolished a pot of coffee. So If by chance you were the one looking at me as I were you, let me say HI THERE FRIEND!!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #95

Sometimes I will wave, sometimes I wont. Just depends on my mood. Quite frankly, if everyone seems to think you need to wave.....& we have our own little private club....if we want to be so chummy, then why wont you stop when another RVer is on the side of the road broke down? When that starts to happen, then I will return the wave.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #96

National RV Owners Club
I've been riding motorcycles for 39 years and it is pretty common to exchange hand waves of some sort on bikes. I don't care if you're riding a metric or not, if you wave to me and I can return the wave safely, I always do. I've never noticed getting a wave from anyone in a motorhome though. I do kind of like the idea of it though. I think I might start doing it. Don't wait for people to be friendly, show them how.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #97
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Hi my name is Les. I stand before you and say "I am a waver". In fact I'm already on the 12 step program for waving. It all started as a child waving at all the truckers and people my dad passed on the road. Then it graduated to waving at girls. I think this was when it started to get out of control and I recognized I had a bit of a problem. I waved at other bikers when I had a bike however many bikers didn't wave back and I started to get a complex. Once I got a boat, then it seemed like I waved more. My wife often told me she thought I was a bit obsessed.
Once we got the RV though, I found myself almost waving at everyone and everything. If it moved, I waved at it. I would be careful though If my wife was watching, I would try to sneak a wave in whenever I could so as not to raise any alarm.
She could tell when I had been waving heavily by the perspiration marks on my shirt when she did my laundry. I found her starting to watch me when I flinched to see if I was going to wave. She said she thought I needed help. I had now become a closet waver. Waving discreetly while wearing disguises. That is till my wife caught me and said "Either it's me or the waving, you make the choice" so, being the smart man, I picked her. That was 4 years ago now. After being in the program, I have a lot better control over my waving. I just wave at RVers now. Other vehicles will pass and My wife will look over at me and we smile at each other knowing I pretty much got this licked. I do have to watch though. Thanks for listening!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #98

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Hi my name is Les. I stand before you and say "I am a waver". In fact I'm already on the 12 step program for waving. It all started as a child waving at all the truckers and people my dad passed on the road. Then it graduated to waving at girls. I think this was when it started to get out of control and I recognized I had a bit of a problem. I waved at other bikers when I had a bike however many bikers didn't wave back and I started to get a complex. Once I got a boat, then it seemed like I waved more. My wife often told me she thought I was a bit obsessed.
Once we got the RV though, I found myself almost waving at everyone and everything. If it moved, I waved at it. I would be careful though If my wife was watching, I would try to sneak a wave in whenever I could so as not to raise any alarm.
She could tell when I had been waving heavily by the perspiration marks on my shirt when she did my laundry. I found her starting to watch me when I flinched to see if I was going to wave. She said she thought I needed help. I had now become a closet waver. Waving discreetly while wearing disguises. That is till my wife caught me and said "Either it's me over waving, you make the choice" so, being the smart man, I picked her. That was 4 years ago now. After being in the program, I have a lot better control over my waving. I just wave at RVers now. Other vehicles will pass and My wife will look over at me and we smile at each other knowing I pretty much got this licked. I do have to watch though. Thanks for listening!
Awesome! and Hillarious!
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote