Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2015, 08:47 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We love having the 1/2 bath and full rear bath. I guess what would be more enlightening than we don't need the 1/2 cause one is enough, cleaning it, etc. would be someone with a bath and a half posting they wish they didn't have it. Did I miss it ^^^? Anyone?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2015, 09:00 AM   #30

Well..........

I used to think 2 bathrooms in a MH was silly until we got one. It's just the 2 of us traveling but there are times when both bathrooms are being used. It's true luxury to always have a bathroom available regardless of who's putting on makeup or in the shower. Also when we have guests, they don't have to see all of our stuff laying around.

Years ago I remember camping in our small travel trailer and when seeing a big MH pull into a campground I'd think..........I'd never want that high cost glitz thing. My how times have changed......there's no going back now
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:12 PM   #31
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Wow....what unusual results....the people who don't have one, don't see the need for one and those who have them love them.

The very first response to the OP had the correct answer. The CURRENT floorplan demand is that the coach have a large master bath at the rear. Since these can't be accessed while underway, the 1/2 bath was born.

Just my opinion......when most of us started RVing, our first RV bathroom was usually a tight little closet size bathroom with a small sink, toilet wedged in the corner a small stand up shower. When we moved to our next RV, a must have was the larger bathroom, which brought about the split bath. A much larger bathroom on both sides of the hall way. This became the bathroom of choice for many years.

As designs changed and improved, suddenly people realized they could have a large luxurious bathroom all to themselves, without having to check the hallway or walk across the hallway to do other things. The rear bath was born and is now the predominant design.

It doesn't mean that other designs are wrong or don't work. It just means that things have gone full circle, back to an all in one bath because of how large they can be.

For us, we had a heck of a time finding something other than a split bath back in 2005. We didn't like them and wanted a side aisle with an all in one bath. We finally found that in our Monaco Diplomat SKQ. Now trying to find a side aisle or split bath is tough.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:38 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Wow....what unusual results....the people who don't have one, don't see the need for one and those who have them love them.
Exactly.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:41 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ great time line and Genesis of the Bath and a half. Haven't scanned the pics of my first but the bathroom and about everything else is in the brochure pic...

We never thought twice about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1441568345027.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	106056   Click image for larger version

Name:	1441568392655.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	106057  

Old 09-06-2015, 01:44 PM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^ great time line and Genesis of the Bath and a half. Haven't scanned the pics of my first but the bathroom and about everything else is in the brochure pic...

We never thought twice about it.
Just noticed this lists the 351. We had the optional 460.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1441568616580.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	106058  
Old 09-06-2015, 02:18 PM   #35

Why do you want to clean two bathrooms in a motorhome?

If 1.5 baths meant a Q v K bed, no!
There is a vanity sink in the bedroom for my Q to do earings. Seems nuff.
We DO have a 2-butt kitchen so we can both play chef at the same time. My Q will NOT compromise on the 2BK!!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #36

Why do you want to clean two bathrooms in a motorhome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
If 1.5 baths meant a Q v K bed, no!
There is a vanity sink in the bedroom for my Q to do earings. Seems nuff.
We DO have a 2-butt kitchen so we can both play chef at the same time. My Q will NOT compromise on the 2BK!!

Actually, this begs new questions:
Would you rather have 1.5B or a 2BK?
Which would you rather clean?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #37

I would like 3 bathrooms if we are being honest.
motohomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Actually, this begs new questions:
Would you rather have 1.5B or a 2BK?
Which would you rather clean?
I carry a wood smoker, 2 gas grills, and a 3 burner Coleman stove for use at the 6BK (picnic table). 3 burners inside, gas oven and micro/convection oven. If we had 4 more feet like Dave we'd have a KB instead of Queen and a 2BK. Still looking for the have bath and a half and wish I didn't faction.

As for cleaning. The smoker is the most work, but I enjoy the process and result. It's a luxury item where space is concerned, but it's worth it's weight.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #39

I don't see the big deal with cleaning a second bath room. I usually clean both of ours while the DW dusts and vacuums the living area. The 1/2 bath takes all of five minutes to clean it. When I'm done, it's spotless and fresh. At our AZ home, we use the MH as a guest house for visitors. I personally instruct the male guests to treat it as their own home. I also tell them that if they are one of those guys that still stands and aims hoping to hit the toilet, they will personally clean it themselves when they leave. They all get the message and comply. A little consideration by the male users makes the cleaning job a lot easier.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:51 PM   #40

We're raising 3 grand children who accompany us whenever we use the coach. Our 13 year old grandson couldn't hit the toilet if he had 3 hands. He gets latrine duty in the 1/2 bath.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
We're raising 3 grand children who accompany us whenever we use the coach. Our 13 year old grandson couldn't hit the toilet if he had 3 hands. He gets latrine duty in the 1/2 bath.
Out of consideration for the one who has to clean the bathroom, it's not un-manly to sit down for both bodily functions. It makes the job a lot easier.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:45 PM   #42
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I've tried to explain to my wife for years.....it doesn't always shoot straight right out of the holster.....After the first shot, the target seems to line up!!!!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome