Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2021, 08:00 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip2084 View Post
A Class A is almost literally a land yacht. It's the closest thing to a boat you can drive around on dry land. It it filled with complex systems required to support the driving, levelling, and cabin comforts required. It is a certainty that thing are going to fail, require near constant maintenance, etc.

If you think keeping a Class A on the road is hard work and expensive, try living on a boat for awhile. At least the Class A can't sink.

..and the reason to own one is the same, freedom and adventure!
Exactly!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2021, 09:50 AM   #86

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip2084 View Post
If you think keeping a Class A on the road is hard work and expensive, try living on a boat for awhile. At least the Class A can't sink.
I don't know. I think I'd fair better on a boat than in an RV if in the middle of a lake.
Old 10-21-2021, 01:28 PM   #87

Having owned both (cruising sailboat), I agree boats are worse, they take more maintenance being exposed to salt air, etc. and can sink.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:42 PM   #88

Gee how else wouldI spend the kids inheritance?
rlg717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:48 PM   #89

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Lee View Post
Personally I think the RV world as you know it is about to finally come to a close. Look how many new ev car companies have started up, well, the same thing will happen with RV's. Literally any day now one of the new RV companies is going to drop a concept RV that will obliterate everything currently on the market.

I envision something between a class A gas and diesel pusher (no need to weigh 35000lbs), electric motors, 650hp, 1800+lbft, 800+ mile range, all built in-house like a Newell, slides that don't break, 80% self driving and other trickery, whole roof solar etc. They will be luxury DP priced initially but will come down in short order.
At 72 I will not be around when all that happens. It sounds like the new version rv will be too much to drive at 102. I think I will hit the road now.
Coffee Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:52 PM   #90

I guess weíre all masochist at heart.
Jrcwonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:56 PM   #91

Entegra Owners Club
My father (a 50-year RVíer) told me, ďson, if youíre not handy, donít by an RVÖyouíll be fixing something all the time.Ē Those words were words of wisdom, and so true.

But when youíre out on the road with your spouse, exploring the countryside and seeing things I flew over a thousand times before I retired, Iíll put up with the curveballs thrown my way.
JR S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:03 PM   #92

Well, a new Corvette was just too hard to get in and out of and the DW was having no parts of a boob job for the girlfriend. The Class A was a nice compromise.
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Chef's Getaway" #11199
dfuelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:11 PM   #93

Thats why you should buy a school bus and convert it. It cost 1/3 and it lasts 10 times longer.
Soaringcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:11 PM   #94

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
After starting out with a 40 ft. park model for 2 years, we moved up to a 41 ft 5th wheel which we enjoyed for 5 years and then up to the current 38 ft class A. All of them gave us trouble, headaches and deluxe heartburn on many occasions however the grand kids love the experience and seeing them happy and having fun is worth the money. One day my wife and I will travel cross country on our own and then really find out what true RVing is. We expect problems and issues but that's all in line with the great times and wonderful people we meet along the way. Happy camping.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:34 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Substitue for Sex, drugs, rock-n-roll
I have a class A and haven't given up sex, drugs or rock and roll. LoL . Nothing like eating a special brownie and going for a walk. The RV facilitates that. Probably have more sex in the RV than we do at home. And there's no way I'll ever give up Rock and roll.
AnywhereEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:52 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneiva View Post
I guess we could all bury our money under the floor boards and admire our wealth..... but that doesn't sound like much fun now, does it?

Silus Marner should had quoted this - but he didn't.
It is crazy how people that has never owned an RV understand the joy along with headaches that is part of rving. For me itís not only the destination itís the time spent getting there with all the stops along the way.
ajaysarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:56 PM   #97

Mine is a 2005 Itasca, they sure **** donít make them like they use to for sure. New one now a day are made to look pretty and thatís about it.
ajaysarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 04:03 PM   #98

Because my dogs asked me to

Zzotte
zzotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a