Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #57

Tiffin Owners Club
We usually tow the toad without the trailer. The toad and many toys and tools and dw stuff can go along. But, as many have said length, where to put it, can be a problem. So, it is nice to have the option. The trailer is a V front and the RV ladder to the roof is removed, so turns are sharper. We have a place to store it when not in use which is also a plus.
kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
We have traveled across the country several times and at only one (1) place did we have to unhook the 20 ft trailer from our 40 ft RV. And never were we ever charged for having the trailer, we just payed for the RV.
As for what length you can have well it all depends on the state that you have your license with. The states have a reciprocal agreement with things like trailer length which means that if your state is ok with 70 ft then the others will be too. Sometimes they get a little upset but there's not much they can do.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
UPDATE!!!
Hey guys, I see we are all split on our opinions of Toads or Trailers.....(I should have made that the thread name. LOL)
I ordered my new Hurricane custom Black trailer and it finally arrived!!
I got a 22ft. V-Nose screwless and of course BLACK!! I got the 5400lb axles with 4 wheel brakes and a ton of polished stainless steel! It is at the paint shop right now getting the custom paint work done to match.
I will have pictures by Monday of it all finished!
Thank You for all your input guys!
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #60

Congrats on the trailer!

One piece of advice -- have a good jack and TWO spare tires in the trailer. My last trip I lost two tires - both on the same side and had NO idea. I also suggest you look at a tire pressure system for the coach and trailer. I lost one tire and the second was overloaded and went too... so I was left with only about a 12" steel rim and the brake drum. (I was beginning to wonder what that thump-thump-thump sound was...)

Anyhow I have a 40' RV and tow a looooong trailer. it's 33' tongue to taillight. Plus I use an Air Safe hitch that essentially is a suspension between the RV and trailer.

I've never been pulled over for length, but I have gotten myself into tight situations from time to time.

I also have a VW Passat that I have set up as a 4-wheel down TOAD. I love this for the speed and convienince -- but the trailer setup hauls my 1966 GTO, golf cart and kids toys. (I race it and do the Hot Rod Power Tour every summer with the GTO...)

Post photos when you get it back!
TDInewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:35 AM   #61

Nice . information. 😃
Vsilvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #62

I have an 18' carson box trailer with a 6' tongue. I can turn more than 90 degrees (have to jockey the trailer into my driveway at the end of a cup-de-sac and I have a jerk neighbor that insists on parking a car that makes it impossible for me to make the turn at the end without backing).

I can't even hit the coach with the trailer at 90 degrees and wildly uneven terrain. Unfortunately, the long tongue puts the box out behind the air shadow of the MH, so I pay the full drag penalty - and that sucks!
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig N Deb View Post
UPDATE!!!
Hey guys, I see we are all split on our opinions of Toads or Trailers.....(I should have made that the thread name. LOL)
I ordered my new Hurricane custom Black trailer and it finally arrived!!
I got a 22ft. V-Nose screwless and of course BLACK!! I got the 5400lb axles with 4 wheel brakes and a ton of polished stainless steel! It is at the paint shop right now getting the custom paint work done to match.
I will have pictures by Monday of it all finished!
Thank You for all your input guys!
What can I expect to pay for a custom Hurricane just like yours (without the paint)?
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hurricane was just renamed as they combined two trailer companies in GA. The new name is Husky.
The range is 4300 to 5300 plus shipping. They did a great job! I love this trailer!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:30 AM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Hurricane was just renamed as they combined two trailer companies in GA. The new name is Husky.
The range is 4300 to 5300 plus shipping. They did a great job! I love this trailer!
That price seems a little low from what i have been seeing. Can you send or post the specs for the trailer including the interior height?

Thanks much

Curt
Old 08-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Do you have their website address?
Old 08-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Please read this:

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/review...216297803.html

Is this the same company you are talking about?
Old 08-12-2013, 04:37 AM   #68

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Curt,
Yes that is them and I agree it is inexpensive for a nice trailer. I had read all of those threads before I bought my trailer and after talking to them I was very comfortable in ordering my new trailer. They are also the largest trailer builder in the US and I guess if you take the percentages this would happen.
I can only tell you my experience.....
I ordered my trailer, got my confirmation of build via email, gave them a $1200 deposit on my credit card. They told me about 3 weeks from start to finish with my options.
They have an online build progress by vin# and I watched that until my pictures were posted and the trailer was complete. 4 days earlier than they promised.
They contacted me to inspect the pictures and send final payment, which I did that day and it was shipped to me the very next day!!!!!
My trailer is perfect and came exactly the way I ordered it including my special requests. It is beautiful and I love it!!
I guess you can't make all the people happy all the time but I am very happy!!
Craig
Old 08-12-2013, 05:16 AM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Curt,
Yes that is them and I agree it is inexpensive for a nice trailer. I had read all of those threads before I bought my trailer and after talking to them I was very comfortable in ordering my new trailer. They are also the largest trailer builder in the US and I guess if you take the percentages this would happen.
I can only tell you my experience.....
I ordered my trailer, got my confirmation of build via email, gave them a $1200 deposit on my credit card. They told me about 3 weeks from start to finish with my options.
They have an online build progress by vin# and I watched that until my pictures were posted and the trailer was complete. 4 days earlier than they promised.
They contacted me to inspect the pictures and send final payment, which I did that day and it was shipped to me the very next day!!!!!
My trailer is perfect and came exactly the way I ordered it including my special requests. It is beautiful and I love it!!
I guess you can't make all the people happy all the time but I am very happy!!
Craig
Please send me their contact information

Could you also Email me the exact specs and price you ended up paying?

I have sent my email to you via PM

Thanks

Curt
Old 08-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #70

Enclosed Trailer

O.K. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but how do you get in and out of the car after it is in the trailer? It does not look like there will be enough room on the sides to open the doors. Do you crawl through the window? This would help a lot to know how every one else does it.
Thanks..
RABBITFISH is offline   Reply With Quote