Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2017, 03:50 PM   #15

Harry and I have "talked" about his potential purchase and I'm proud of his determination to research, tire kick, ask questions, and be sure of the direction he wanted to take. He, his DW, and his kit and kin will travel well and enjoy their new hobby and traveling road show.

Now Harry, about that first novel.......
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2017, 03:59 PM   #16

Hi Carl, I don't have it yet, it looks like mid March early April kind of thing. I'll post pics then for sure!
WyoFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:03 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fleetwood Discovery 2015

I bought new because...
I got it for 195k for a MSRP of 300k
I don't want someone else's problems.
I wanted the warranties so I don't need an extended Service contract.
I almost always bought used. It was time for new.
We're in our late 60s when it's time to travel.
Less to fix? Well less major things...
2 years and don't regret it.
Wasted 75k on trade-ins.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #18

Happy Wife, Happy Life! Whatever works for you, and I'm glad you're happy with your coach. By the way, what did you end up buying?
Hit_the_Rhod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #19

Hi Ed, Yes indeed ol wnytaxman himself! Youve been a terrific help and provided great guidance to me through the process. I think what I appreciated the most are your unbiased opinions, something not easy to come by!

Maybe I take that back Ed, maybe what I appreciate the most is you helping me through my many question showing I'm indeed a Crazy Person and never made me feel like one! Now that takes true talent!

As for the book it's basically finished. I just need to get out west for some research so I can write off some that expensive new coach!

Thanks again Ed. You're one of the good ones...

Harry
Old 01-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #20

Hey Scott, I have on order a 2018 Coachman SportsCoach 407 FW with the 360 HP Cummins and 3000 Allison Transmission. The 407 is the bunkhouse version with the full wall slide!
Old 01-08-2017, 04:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hi Ed, Yes indeed ol wnytaxman himself! Youve been a terrific help and provided great guidance to me through the process. I think what I appreciated the most are your unbiased opinions, something not easy to come by!

Maybe I take that back Ed, maybe what I appreciate the most is you helping me through my many question showing I'm indeed a Crazy Person and never made me feel like one! Now that takes true talent!

As for the book it's basically finished. I just need to get out west for some research so I can write off some that expensive.new coach!

Thanks again Ed. You're one of the good ones...

Harry

Thanks Harry, but you're making me blush.

You did things right as far as I'm concerned. To paraphrase Julius Ceaser, you came, you researched, and you got what you wanted. Good for you. That's the way it's supposed to work.

Many, many happy and safe miles to you. I'm sure we'll meet up somewhere down the line some day.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #22

That sure will be my pleasure Ed and hey, I'll bring the werewolf!
Old 01-08-2017, 04:56 PM   #23
Klc

Winnebago Owners Club
Congrats on ordering your new motorhome. For us, new or used wasn't up for debate. If we wanted a motorhome it had to be used. It wasn't in our budget to think about new. I'm happy for those who have the option. It also wasn't an option between gas or diesel for the same reason. We are on a very tight budget. When our salesman said he found one he knew I would like, he was right. I am very happy with our choice. I also totally get your reasons for buying new. For us, we are just happy to own a motorhome and get to go camping. Please share pictures of it when you get it.
Klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:53 PM   #24
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"Klc".......Congrats on an HONEST answer. You bought what you could afford! Usually this topic goes sideways. You often see more reasons for buying used than Carter has pills, rather than, I bought what I could afford! The used buyers always say it doesn't matter if you by used or new, but inevitably take a parting shot about depreciation.

I really want a Newell, but that will never happen on my budget.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:23 PM   #25

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post

I really want a Newell, but that will never happen on my budget.
I for one would never say that and we could have bought a Newell this last time around on our budget. Just that it would have been about 8 or 9yrs older.
Just saying that most any budget can be met without compromise for what they really want, if one is willing to drop back a few more years.
Having said that, it will always be quality over newness for us and within reason of course, with other criteria that must be met. I mean it's not like we even want a 25yr old Prevost and have given up on the Bluebird selections, as well.
I guess what you're saying is for buying new or in staying within the same year where you've drawn the line. This would include those who finance and can't do so reasonably, with a coach that's 10yrs old or more.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:32 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
So, in a nuts shell, you are saying, "happy wife, happy life".
You go boy!!!!
tim.kyfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
I'm that guy that fits the song "Champagne Taste on a Beer Budget!" I was already to buy a new gasser. My wife said "hey lets go over there". We went to the used side of the road. We went into the first coach we saw. It was beautiful inside. I couldn't believe that the kitchen was fancier than my home kitchen. The diesel really purred and I could go on and on. I went back and looked at that brand spanking new MH. I walked in and the cabinets were flimsy. The doors were hollow, the gas engine just didn't purr! I couldn't even come close to finding the same quality for what I could afford to spend. I've had the Beaver for 3 years now and I am very glad my wife wanted to cross to the other side of the road. I've never found a new coach that compared to mine that I could afford! 600K is a little much on a cops retirement even with a Navy Chief's to back it up. So bottom line if you've got the money and thats what you want, who cares what everybody else thinks. Have fun and enjoy it!
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:54 PM   #28

New

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetrod37 View Post
I agree I looked at buying used diesel pusher. Looked at a bunch and they all smelled to me. I decided then to buy a new gas coach and give it my own smell.
Ditto
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, motorhome