Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2017, 02:32 AM   #113

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This forum in itself constitutes the freedom of the open roads we all seek to explore.

The fact that we're all here, contributing to this forum be that through our sharing of personal views and experience, or learning from it through the sharing of others, including just seeking advice - is the same - we are attracted to the lifestyle of an open road on our own terms and our own time coupled with the freedom a RV presents. Be they new or pre-owned coach makes no difference.

For us, having no more suitcases to pack or TSA lines to wait in at an airport comes at a time of retirement where its meant to be an adventure not a chore and comes down to personal preferences. Thank God they (RVs) are not all the same otherwise our freedom to choose would be very limited. Image if every S&B home were the same.

Congrats to all here who own and enjoy their own means of freedom and those contemplating a purchase - just go for it. As we all know and have learned there are many choices available but no single one that is perfect.
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2017, 07:56 AM   #114

Tiffin Owners Club
Well stated rewillia! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:10 AM   #115

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypj View Post
As a card carrying crazy person im buying used. Unless the rig smells like a dead person. It wont bother me..although there is one thing that creeps me out..using a used toilet..lol
So why not just clean it and sanitize it then it's OK it's like new
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:18 PM   #116

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
"Originally Posted by mikeypj View Post
As a card carrying crazy person im buying used. Unless the rig smells like a dead person. It wont bother me..although there is one thing that creeps me out..using a used toilet..lol"
How do you manage when traveling on the road? Staying in hotels? Even staying at home? Once you use it it's used "Creepy".
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #117

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
"Originally Posted by mikeypj View Post
As a card carrying crazy person im buying used. Unless the rig smells like a dead person. It wont bother me..although there is one thing that creeps me out..using a used toilet..lol"
How do you manage when traveling on the road? Staying in hotels? Even staying at home? Once you use it it's used "Creepy".
Bill
I've been told by many that they would never buy used bedding from anyone, period, but then they travel a lot, staying in Hotels and Motels.
Not only that, but enjoy many sea cruises, as well. Can't get bedding, that's been used any more than that, wouldn't you say?
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:39 PM   #118

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
I heare some complain about the used coaches have a different smell and don't smell like your own home. I have the perfect solution. Take a big frying pan and cook up a big batch of onion, leeks, Cabbage and peppers. That ought to make it smell like home.
Bill
And bacon, don't forget the bacon!!
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:40 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
I've been told by many that they would never buy used bedding from anyone, period, but then they travel a lot, staying in Hotels and Motels.
Not only that, but enjoy many sea cruises, as well. Can't get bedding, that's been used any more than that, wouldn't you say?
I would say. That is why I am getting an Rv. Then buying brand new bedding.
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #120

What about the people like myself, who has a great job, great credit but refuses to finance anything? I buy only what i can pay cash for.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:21 PM   #121

This is quite an entertaining thread
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #122

Hi Mike, Financing is beyond the scope of our discussion unless your responding to gemert's comment of bringing home the bacon? Certainly income and budget and yes "cash available" play an important role in what folks decide On!

But please let's not have this thread move into a conversation on paying cash or finance because it serves no purpose!

Thanks
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:11 PM   #123

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypj View Post
What about the people like myself, who has a great job, great credit but refuses to finance anything? I buy only what i can pay cash for.

I hear people say that and I wonder WHY. I have money that is making me about 8% and I am financing my CR-V at 0.9%. Where o where does it make sense to spend your principal that is making money for you, when you can tie up someone else's money for 0.9%. That leaves a net profit of 7.1% instead of a 100% loss because you spent your principal.
My bad but this is about bringing home and frying the bacon.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:52 AM   #124

Please folks, as the OP I'm asking you not go down the cash to finance road. If it's an important conversation to you please start another thread.

Thank you
Old 01-17-2017, 07:45 AM   #125

I should have copied the post while posting my comment. It isnt about financing or payments. What i was trying to say is new is nice, but i prefer "newly used". Most bugs have been worked out and i have no problem fixing things myself. Also i have never envied nor spoke bad about buying new. Its a personal choice. My motto is " if it makes you happy, no one elses opinion matters". Sorry for the misunderstanding.

mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:51 AM   #126

Thanks Mike and your point is well taken and welcom to the forum. I just realized you're new and we're happy to have you!

Harry

Tags
class a, motorhome