Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2019, 12:50 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Will TPMS work on my stems

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190624_185724887.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	251120Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190624_185737591_HDR.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	251119
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190624_185808582_HDR.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	251122

Will this set up work and can someone tell me how much clearance I need or what diameter the sensors are on the non flow thru TST?
Any input or thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks
Kzoocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2019, 01:18 PM   #2

Non flow thru are 1.06” diameter.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:20 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Yes non-flow through TPMS transmitters will work on your tire valves. I have the Tire-Minder TM-77 system for my motorhome and purchased four transmitters for my Jeep Wrangler. Here is the link to the TM-77 system --> https://www.minderresearch.com/tirem...s-and-trailer/

The top of the Tire-Minder transmitters (where the flat disc battery resides) are ~3/4-inch in diameter. My rear wheels have similar "hose" extensions for the valves. For my front wheels, I added a metal, 45-degree valve extender to get the TPMS monitor out from under the wheel cover.

I've had good performance from the TM-77 system during the four years I have owned the system.
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:30 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
Non flow thru are 1.06” diameter.
Thanks Elwood, that may present some clearance issues. I will need to measure but there is not much room between the stem and the wheel cover.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzoocamper View Post
Attachment 251120Attachment 251119
Attachment 251122

Will this set up work and can someone tell me how much clearance I need or what diameter the sensors are on the non flow thru TST?
Any input or thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks
The diameter of my EEZTire TPMS sensors are 26mm, or 1.02". You should have plenty of clearance, but measure just to be sure. Your extensions for the duals appear to be positioned like mine and I have no problem screwing the sensors on and off. Mine are the non-flow through type. Other TPMS brands may have different size sensors. Your third photo appears to be of a front tire. The valve stem clearance should be checked to make sure that the sensor can't fall between the stem and the rim hole. Not fun getting your hands and knees groping for the sensor under your rig.
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:34 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fagnaml View Post
Yes non-flow through TPMS transmitters will work on your tire valves. I have the Tire-Minder TM-77 system for my motorhome and purchased four transmitters for my Jeep Wrangler. Here is the link to the TM-77 system --> https://www.minderresearch.com/tirem...s-and-trailer/

The top of the Tire-Minder transmitters (where the flat disc battery resides) are ~3/4-inch in diameter. My rear wheels have similar "hose" extensions for the valves. For my front wheels, I added a metal, 45-degree valve extender to get the TPMS monitor out from under the wheel cover.

I've had good performance from the TM-77 system during the four years I have owned the system.
Thanks Fagnaml, the .750" should give me a little more room than the 1.02" of the TST. The extension sounds like a good plan on the fronts. How was the initial set up?
Old 06-25-2019, 01:45 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
The diameter of my EEZTire TPMS sensors are 26mm, or 1.02". You should have plenty of clearance, but measure just to be sure. Your extensions for the duals appear to be positioned like mine and I have no problem screwing the sensors on and off. Mine are the non-flow through type. Other TPMS brands may have different size sensors. Your third photo appears to be of a front tire. The valve stem clearance should be checked to make sure that the sensor can't fall between the stem and the rim hole. Not fun getting your hands and knees groping for the sensor under your rig.
Thanks for your input S.S. and you are correct on the third photo being a front wheel. I may need an extension as I don't know about anybody else but I guarantee I can drop the sensor on the wrong side of the wheel opening....
Old 06-26-2019, 05:16 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I have the TST non-flow thru sensors. They fit without any problems. I removed the "theft lock" by just removing the 4 screws holding the cap. This makes it much easier to put the sensor on.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:28 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
I have the TST non-flow thru sensors. They fit without any problems. I removed the "theft lock" by just removing the 4 screws holding the cap. This makes it much easier to put the sensor on.
I was in hopes of using the TST non-flow thru system, I guess I hadn't thought about the "theft Locks". Do you have the same type of valve extension brackets?

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-26-2019, 09:26 PM   #10

I have the TST flow-through on our MH and towed.To install them on the inner duals I bought a foot of 1" ID heater hose, pushed the sensor into one end, then screwed the sensor onto the valve stem. I had the regular sensors on our dually and 5er. To install these sensors, I first positioned the inner valve stem on the bottom, they squeezed my hand between the duals to screw the sensors on. (cap spins freely or I'd have used the heater hose trick)
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:49 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzoocamper View Post
I was in hopes of using the TST non-flow thru system, I guess I hadn't thought about the "theft Locks". Do you have the same type of valve extension brackets?

Thanks for your help!
Looking at your pictures, the answer is YES. With TST, the sensor battery is only being used when the sensor is attached to the tire. When traveling, I leave the sensors on all the time, but when I get home, I take them off.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:29 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
Looking at your pictures, the answer is YES. With TST, the sensor battery is only being used when the sensor is attached to the tire. When traveling, I leave the sensors on all the time, but when I get home, I take them off.
Thanks Veraken I appreciate the help!
Old 06-27-2019, 07:30 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I have the TST flow-through on our MH and towed.To install them on the inner duals I bought a foot of 1" ID heater hose, pushed the sensor into one end, then screwed the sensor onto the valve stem. I had the regular sensors on our dually and 5er. To install these sensors, I first positioned the inner valve stem on the bottom, they squeezed my hand between the duals to screw the sensors on. (cap spins freely or I'd have used the heater hose trick)
Sounds like a good tip.....Thanks!
Old 06-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #14

My setup looks looks just like yours. The TST works fine. I did take the anti theft cover off the outer dual. Got four more sensors for our Jeep toad.
Got mine from Technorv. Great people to do buisness with.

https://www.technorv.com/tst-tire-pr...xoC4PEQAvD_BwE
Rob Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, tpms