Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2019, 10:07 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Window motor replacement

Hello,
The electric window on my 2008 Tiffin 35 TSB (Workhorse gas) has stopped working. I have removed the motor. There is power going to the motor connector so I think the motor is dead. Tiffin service does not have the part and suggested I try auto parts store. No luck there nor on Amazon or Dorman. Any suggestions? I tried posting on the Tiffin & Workhorse forums, but my posts do not show up??
MuonWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2019, 10:16 AM   #2

Most of the window mtrs are ford power window mtrs. I would ck out ford mtrs with your mtr,
littlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 02:31 PM   #3

You need to find a REAL auto parts store not some place with a bunch of kids. On the motor should be a "manufacturers" part number, Google that and it may come back with the actual production application for the motor. My guess would be Ford pickup left front window motor about 2000 vintage.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #4

The other posters are correct, Tiffin didn't make a motor just for your MH. They bought a motor from a manufacturer that made a bunch of them. Your challenge is finding out what else it fits and then finding one is easy. Sometimes an old time auto parts house will have several in stock and they can physically match them up. The "box" auto parts stores won't be much help to you. Ford window motors seem pretty common in RV's so that's a great place to start comparing until you find one that's similar.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 07:15 PM   #5

I had same issue and replaced turn signal switch and motor and still didnt work. I found my Monaco monarch has a windshield wiper module under dash by steering column. Replaced it and all is working
ryoder1199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 07:18 PM   #6

Funny you can't find your posts ; I did.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/repl...or-442127.html
Old 05-05-2019, 10:25 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the suggestions. Searching Ford sounds hopeful. I've never gone to anything other than a "box" auto store. I thought a junk yard or PPL might be my next step. I finally figured out how to join the Tiffin group and post a picture. Next step is to wire the motor to the cigarette lighter and rig a chassis ground.

Thanks again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0952.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	244954
MuonWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:29 AM   #8

Does the motor itself run, and the gears don’t turn or is it the actual motor. There are window motor repair facilities that might be able to fix the one you have if you can’t identify a replacement.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, wind, window