Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2022, 07:32 AM   #1

Windshield

We have been trying to find some one to replace the windshield in 1999 Holiday Rambler since April. Our insurance company has no idea. I have contacted two online companies and no response. We are in central Mn (2hrs from Fargo and 3 hrs from Mpls/St Paul) would prefer not driving to the cities. To many crazy people there
Please any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
coloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2022, 07:40 AM   #2

My insurance Co. contracted the windshield out to Safelite Glass. They hired a windshield shop near me in Florida and shipped the glass in from Ohio..

I only left the RV for the day, I needed it to sleep in it.

Call Safelite.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 07:50 AM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
https://rvglassexperts.com/rv-glass-experts/
Old 07-28-2022, 01:48 PM   #4

I'm not sure how far away Fergus Falls is from you but I do have in my journal from a few years back that a place called Unlimited Auto Glass does great work and does a lot of trucks and specialized glass for farm equipment, etc.

It's a small family run business and my notes say the owner's name is Dan ...he's supposed to be a real nice guy but I've haven't talked to him myself. They are in a rural area with easy in and out but do a lot of mobile business too but not sure how close they are to you.

Unlimited AutoGlass - Fergus Falls MN ---> website GO HERE

(218) 998-6552

Google SV to see their location, GO HERE

You can at least give them a call and if they can't help you, maybe they can recommend another place that might be closer to your location that does motorhome windshields.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 06:44 AM   #5

I would try RV glass solutions. They have shops (and contractors) around the country and are a division of Coachglass. If they cant help you, you are SOL because Coachglass is a major supplier to the industry.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 07:21 AM   #6

I used City Auto Glass out of Rochester, MN. Both windshields were replaced by them, different years. They have service out of Brainerd, Hibbing and other locations.

https://www.cityautoglass.com/
Old 07-29-2022, 07:22 AM   #7

City Auto Glass

I used City Auto Glass out of Rochester, MN. Both windshields were replaced by them, different years. They have service out of Brainerd, Hibbing and other locations.

https://www.cityautoglass.com/

double post... stupid computer
Old 07-29-2022, 07:27 AM   #8

My insurance co also used Safelite out of Ohio. Shipped windshield to Virginia and installed by local company. Very satisfied with Safelite Glass Solutions customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
My insurance Co. contracted the windshield out to Safelite Glass. They hired a windshield shop near me in Florida and shipped the glass in from Ohio..

I only left the RV for the day, I needed it to sleep in it.

Call Safelite.
Old 07-29-2022, 07:55 AM   #9

Try Duncan Systems headquarters in Elkhart, Indiana. They have the biggest warehouse of windshields I have seen and have replaced 4 windshields for us on three different motor homes. Three times in Elkhart and once at a FMCA convention.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 08:07 AM   #10

2nd on rv glass solutions. They came to us. Didn’t have to be concerned about moving the coach while sealant set up.
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 04:34 AM   #11

Our insurance carrier first asked me who I wanted to handle the replacement. At that time I did not know who could handle that project, so they authorized Safelite to handle our windshield replacement. Safelite RV Group arranged for our windshield replacement at a local glass installer (not a Safelite Repair facility).
Old 07-30-2022, 09:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss68 View Post
They are who I used a few years ago for my windshield replacement. They were easy to contact at that time and pretty much took care of all the leg work. They recommended a shop, sent the glass to them, and then the shop called me to set up an appointment after it came in. Very easy and at the time, the least expensive of my limited options.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:12 AM   #13

Thank you everyone for the help with this windshield!
coloren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind, windshield