RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2017, 09:51 AM   #1

Windshield washer

Can anybody help me figure out why my windshield washer won't work? I checked the wiper fuse and it's good. The reservoir is full...but no water to wash the windshield. Any ideas or suggestions? I have a 2004 Triple E Embassy.
mmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #2

First thing to check would be , for power to the washer fluid pump in the tank, with a helper pushing the wash button; then proper ground to the wiring . If you have power and the pump runs , remove the hose from the pump to check for flow . If you have flow, from the pump, then your checking for blockages in the supply lines to the wiper arms and nozzles.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:29 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
My in-tank pump was DOA, so I just installed a new in line pump and hooked up the wiring from the old one to the new one. Works great now.
Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #4

When you push the washer button do you hear anything?
pplwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #5

I tried to listen for the pump but could not hear good cause of the wipers...is there another maybe inline fuse? If not how can I check to see if there is power?
Old 09-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #6

The pump is generally very close to the fluid reservoir so maybe you have one person inside the RV and the other person outside close to the fluid reservoir and have them press the button maybe be on a cell phone so you can communicate well and then you should be able to tell if the pump is running or not if the pump is not running you need to put a voltmeter on the pump terminals to determine if it's getting 12 volts when the button is pushed if so the motor is bad if not you have a loose or broken wire
pplwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Washer pumps are rather noisy, so you should be able to hear them if you follow pplwizard advice.

Also check the hoses from the reservoir (pump is inside) to see if water is squirting out somewhere besides on the windshield. And disconnect a hose to see if water squirts out the end (clogged sprayers or hoses are not unusual).
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Washer pumps are rather noisy, so you should be able to hear them if you follow pplwizard advice.

Also check the hoses from the reservoir (pump is inside) to see if water is squirting out somewhere besides on the windshield. And disconnect a hose to see if water squirts out the end (clogged sprayers or hoses are not unusual).

X2!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:13 AM   #9

Got the eindshield washer problem fixed...had to buy a new pump motor and clean out all the pipes. Thanks for all the help.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #10

Got the windshield washer problem fixed...had to buy a new pump motor and clean out all the pipes. Thanks for all the help.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #11

Didn't mean to post twice especially with misspelled words😂