Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2019, 08:35 PM   #1
BEC

Windshield wipers

My 2nd class A over 8 years and needed to replace windshield wipers. Think you could buy a 30” pair j hook anyplace...think again. Camping World Denver could order them with 2 week delivery. No Pepe Boy or O’Riley and at 2:09 pm on Saturday no RV service shops open and I’m leaving Monday for Az. Denver is no small town so just saying if your wipers are longer than 28” plan ahead
BEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2019, 08:44 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Found long wipers at NAPA one time in the past.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:54 PM   #3

NAPA Trico 67 series rv wiper blade 32" H as in HD* mfg#: 67-324
John Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:33 PM   #4

I always recommend RVupgrades.com as one of the best places to order wiper blades for a motorhome --as well as other RV supplies-- as they are not only a current forum sponsor but also founder of the iRV2 forums ...I always try to patronize sponsors of this forum as much as I can. RVupgrades.com usually will have the best prices, service, and fastest shipping that I've experienced when ordering RV stuff online.

They carry "Wiper Technologies" blades from Diesel Equipment. They're premium "heavy duty" blades and built well, in my opinion. I've used them and found them to be of excellent quality.

If you're looking for replacement blades for a 2012 Tiffin Allegro, the Wiper Technologies application guide catalog for mothorhomes lists a 32" blade for your model (go to page 7 of the catalog from the this link on the RVupgrades webpage posted below and I'll post it again at the end of this post. It's part number is "WT-32" and it is a J-hook. However, the RVupgrades webpage says that the WT-32 has been replaced by the WT1-32:

Wiper Technologies WT1-32 32" Wiper Blade - RVupgrades.com

You can download the Wiper Technologies application guide for motorhomes from this link ...go HERE. They list just about every major motorhome model for others who might be thinking about ordering wiper blades.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:40 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just use a shorter blade, works fine.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:52 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Mine are 32" and the cost is unbelievable as well as being hard to find! Next time I need replacements I will be changing to 28" which are inexpensive and easy to find. I don't think I will ever miss the 2" on each end!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:40 PM   #7

Well, since the majority of posts are recommending that you go to a 28" blade, I'm still going to stick to my recommendation of using a Wiper Technologies blade because of their quality ...and also still stick to my recommendation to consider ordering it from RVupgrades.com as I like to patronize iRV2 forum sponsors (plus, you're getting a good price for a good product and getting fast shipping with good customer service to boot) .

Wiper Technologies WT8-28 28" J Hook Wiper Blade - RVupgrades.com

RVupgrades price is $10.35 less than what the exact same product is on Amazon.

I've tried long blades from Anco or Trico, etc. that are made for cars and they fall apart quickly on a motorhome but Wiper Technologies blades are made for a more heavy duty application and therefore might be a bit more expensive but worth it in my opinion.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:06 PM   #8

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC View Post
My 2nd class A over 8 years and needed to replace windshield wipers. Think you could buy a 30” pair j hook anyplace...think again. Camping World Denver could order them with 2 week delivery. No Pepe Boy or O’Riley and at 2:09 pm on Saturday no RV service shops open and I’m leaving Monday for Az. Denver is no small town so just saying if your wipers are longer than 28” plan ahead
No clue to what coach you have, but I've never had a problem finding a direct replacement for mine at Autozone or other auto parts place. Had an older gasser once, that I believe required drilling a hole a bit larger, but no biggie.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:40 PM   #9
BEC

Thanks to all for your information. As I am leaving Denver tomorrow with snow in forecast I just put a pair of 28” on and will get the windshield issue solve for now but will get the proper 30” purchased before these weather out.
BEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC View Post
Thanks to all for your information. As I am leaving Denver tomorrow with snow in forecast I just put a pair of 28” on and will get the windshield issue solve for now but will get the proper 30” purchased before these weather out.

First thing you might do is look for the proper size blades. The blades on your coach are 32" in length not 30". Second as others have said a 28" blade will work just as well since the lost 2" on each end is not in the field of driving vision in the first place. Walmart has 28" RainX blades with the large J-Hook saddle that will work as well as any 32" blade at half the cost. That's what I am running on my Phaeton and they actually wipe cleaner than the 32" blades that came on my coach and have no wind chatter.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:16 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree on the shorter blades especially on the cost. I put the shorter blades on my 2007 Allegro bus and they worked just fine.
hipkts2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
First thing you might do is look for the proper size blades. The blades on your coach are 32" in length not 30". Second as others have said a 28" blade will work just as well since the lost 2" on each end is not in the field of driving vision in the first place. Walmart has 28" RainX blades with the large J-Hook saddle that will work as well as any 32" blade at half the cost. That's what I am running on my Phaeton and they actually wipe cleaner than the 32" blades that came on my coach and have no wind chatter.
I use the same blade and they work better, especially on the passenger side

About 1/3 the cost at most places
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:59 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
I found out the hard way that some coaches have a wider J-hook, thus automotive wipers will not work. Had to order them at an outrageous price. They are Trico 67-284 - $55 for a 28" set. :-(

2015 Itasca Sunova 30A, Brazel Ultra RV Tune, Safe-T-Plus, Sumo Springs on front, CHF, Hellwig Endlinks, SuperSteer track (Panhard) bar, Roadmaster rear sway bar, Koni Shocks, 900 w. solar, Battle Born House batteries, Roadmaster Falcon 2, Ford Escape PHEV and DW.
waterman480 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windshield