Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2019, 10:09 AM   #15

New or old, its still the same. You are either working on it, or planning on working on it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2021, 02:22 PM   #16

Intent 31P

The trip to Florida was excellent...A little noisy because of the V10... Never overheated once even at 110degrees in Vegas... The coach AC is not made for hot weather... After we returned home I made a medicine cabinet, took out the 6 inch fans and installed Automatic Fantastic fans (12inch).. much better...
I purchased adjustable air vents, digital thermostat, dimmer on the interior lights, outside motion light, bug screen behind grill, I've already had the front and rear sway bars replaced and installed a steering stabilizer.... I believe I want the sumo springs next.... No engine trouble from Oregon to Florida and back... A little sawdust in the vent but a vacuum did the trick... It's getting useable now...
sammax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 02:35 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
The Intent was Winnebago's attempt to build a cheaper motorhome that had the same MSRP as the cheapest Thor motorhome. Among other things to reduce cost of manufacture, it had a cheaper "ruuber" roof system and cheaper DC power system without a Battery Isolation Manager. Don't know why but was only made one or two model years and is now dropped.

Anyway, I have had had very few issues with my 2015 Vista 27N once I resolved quite a few minor build issues that were passed along to me even though Winnebago dealers are paid an allowance do a PDI inspection before delivery and fix any minor defects that leave the factory. Realize that several of your issues were not minor.

Anyway, once you work thru the initial build defects you'll find it to be a excellent product that will have minimal ongoing failures and give you much enjoyment.

Good luck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 10:24 AM   #18

I'll support the OP. There are expectations that are reasonable when spending your money on a product that was hyped with "quality" non-sense. I toured the Oregon Winnie factory, the old CC factory. They were building the new DP's there. Quality, quality, quality, over and over ad nauseum. Went to PDI. Everything touched fell off, nothing worked and this was after 60 days in one shop or another for different issues and they still weren't finished, a mirror on order after it fell off the wall during the couple mile trip from the Cummin's shop to the dealer. We left at the point and got our deposit back. Was it a "one of"?? Who knows. The production shop manager said "everyone knows motorhomes are a constant project", ah no, not for this money. Well the little "lie" they did not tell me was Winnie was dumping the Grand Tour line of diesels. We are so glad the thing fell apart before our eyes, kept us from having to deal with warranty issues that would have stretched on way beyond the factory warranty. "Authorized" repair centers can be hundreds of miles and many hours away for many people. Try finding an repair center near Las Vegas, New Mexico.
So, I feel the OP's pain, we almost bought a Winnie lemon. It's a production line, there are production numbers to be met, things happen, gotta keep the line moving.

Roadmiester
09 Dynasty
Roadmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 11:33 AM   #19
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don
It's been said a 1000 times, you can't take a 200, 300 or 400 square foot house, through it on a truck frame and hope it doesn't have issues as it goes from one earthquake to another.
Hmm, that provoked a thought. There are phone apps for G force and crowdsourcing earthquakes, such as MyShake.

I wonder if I can find one that I could install on a phone, secure the phone to something inside the motorhome like a countertop, and see exactly what that "earthquake" looks like in terms of force.

If the "earthquake" is a 4 or less, not a big deal kind of thing. A permanently mounted longer term (and cheap) source would be better, though.

Ray

Tags
winnebago