Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #1

Winnegago Tour QD

We are looking to upgrade to a tour 42QD but have heard that from 2012 on there have been slide issue. Anyone have any knowledge of this?
tohell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with your search.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
What slide issues have you heard about, this would help? We have the unit shown below and have the Power Gear slide mechanisms and have had no issues with them.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
What slide issues have you heard about, this would help? We have the unit shown below and have the Power Gear slide mechanisms and have had no issues with them.
Power gear slide mechanisms are great it is the schwintech (sp?) slides that have been a problem on the larger slides
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #5

I have a 2013 42 QD. The passenger front slide did give problems. Was fixed twice under warranty. The 2nd fix seemed to get the problem resolved. They said that the slide (which is very heavy) was to heavy for the mechanism. They installed a new "improved" system and it's worked well for over a year and many uses. The tech that did the fix said not to start and stop when operating in or out. Hopefully Winnebago has started using the improved mechanisms, but I don't know for sure.
77littledoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:44 PM   #6

I don't know about slide problems but I just looked at a 2014 tour 42QD black insides beautiful coach.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:17 AM   #7

We have heard there is an issue with the Shwintech (sp) slides, especially on the large full side slide out.
tohell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:35 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohell View Post
We are looking to upgrade to a tour 42QD but have heard that from 2012 on there have been slide issue. Anyone have any knowledge of this?
I am the second owner of my 2012 Tour. I have the service records from the original owner. They had some issues when new - scarping of the tile. All was fixed under warranty. I have experienced no issues.

I am very happy with our 2012 Tour.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
The problem might be related to the whole wall slide. Not only does this have the potential of wall stability problems (That is one big hole in the wall) but as stated that is a very heavy slide.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
The have been some problems, Schwintek Slide Mechanism - 2014 Itasca Ellipse.

More responses here, http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...n/-/page/1.cfm

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #11

We have a 2013 Itasca Ellipse QD and have had nothing but trouble with the passenger side front slide. The slide contains the galley & living room sofa. The first failure was less than a month after we took delivery. The next time was a little over a year later. The third time was exactly one year later. The fourth time was 10 months later. After conferring with Winnebago they informed me there was a fix but only certain dealers had been trained or the factory. It is a completely new system. And, Oh by the way we will not pay for the replacement. Based on that experience plus other system failures I will never purchase another Winnebago product & I would caution anyone that is contemplating buying a Winnebago product to "Buyer beware"
drpeek47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
We had our coach at the dealers for some work. The tech said there was an issue with the slide and they replaced the slide mechanism.

I did not notice the issue before or after the repair. We have all our work done at Lichtsinn. They make appointments, take you in as agreed and repair on time. IMO they do excellent work and we have had no issues with anything they do.