Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2022, 10:48 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Winnie Drip Rail Spouts

Guys, this was from an older thread from back in 2016, and I just want to see if anyone had an experience using them OR found a better alternative. You can see what rig I have from my signature. And I'm getting these ugly stains down the side of my rig from the water coming off the roof when parked and the AC is running. Why Winnie didn't come up with better drip rails I don't know. I've researched so much trying to find a solution to the problem, but looking at my drip rails I do not think any of them will work Then I found this older thread that used a Fleetwood part but the thread didn't convince me they worked. Any suggestions guys?
The Fleetwood part numbers are:
518961 Right
518962 Left
And here is a pic from that thread:
Sgt B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2022, 11:06 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is a common problem with most rv's. There's a cheap solution. -Use clothes pins pointed down at the ends of ea rail. I guess I'm lucky with our Winne- most water falls off far enough away that it isn't a problem. The rest just washes off.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:20 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I bought some made specifically for Winnebago. The man selling them makes them on a 3D printer in various colors. I saw them here in a post but can't recall which post. The box they were shipped in is in the RV so I will have to go to storage to see if I can find his info.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:26 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I bought some made specifically for Winnebago. The man selling them makes them on a 3D printer in various colors. I saw them here in a post but can't recall which post. The box they were shipped in is in the RV so I will have to go to storage to see if I can find his info.
Thanks Wayne, appreciate the effort. And yes it is weird being the same age as old people. LOL
Old 06-27-2022, 12:13 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
If you can find them, those Fleetwood drip extenders should work on your Forza. I installed 4 of them on a 2011 Meridian. They will require some minor modification; the part that fits into the drip rail is "keyed" for Fleetwood and won't fit your coach. They are ABS or some other soft plastic and easily trimmed to fit. Use some RTV to attach them.

It sounds as if your AC's do not have condensate pumps or the drains are plugged? Both of my Winnebago coaches had AC drain lines routed to rear of the coach and did not drain onto the roof.

Safe travels,
NMBluept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 12:56 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
I added the ones from Camco to our Itasca (WB Product) when we had it. It required pulling the drip rail out slightly and inserting the drip spout underneath, then sealing them with Dicor.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 02:56 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This is what I bought and installed:
https://dragonfly2.net/shop/ols/prod...RV-DRP-SPT-SLV
Old 06-28-2022, 06:50 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Wayne, they look like they will fit my rails perfectly.
Jim
Old 06-28-2022, 08:07 AM   #9

Quote:
This is what I used. Works great until you find a low hanging branch!!!!
Old 06-28-2022, 10:18 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just bought a set from this link, checked dimensions and am sure they will fit my Winnie Forza.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt B View Post
Just bought a set from this link, checked dimensions and am sure they will fit my Winnie Forza.

Even if they dont fit perfect a little dicor will hold them for a long time. The ones I got a couple years back needed some trimming and then dicor. Still there now. They do keep the water off the sides, regargless of how you get them to stay put.

Jim58
Old 06-29-2022, 10:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt B View Post

I remember when the owner made that first post about them, he designed them specifically to fit his Winnebago and made them on his 3-D printer.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
I added the ones from Camco to our Itasca (WB Product) when we had it. It required pulling the drip rail out slightly and inserting the drip spout underneath, then sealing them with Dicor.

The problem with doing that to a Winnebago is the roof attachment design. The drip rail is the only thing holding the roof edge tight in place.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 02:12 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Drip Rail Spouts

Since the subject threads are from 100 years ago, well counting the number of responses it had to be 100 years ago. LOL. Anyway, I ordered a set and they came today. Looks like rain again but I just HAD to try one out. Level and on jacks w/AC running (at home getting ready for mega-trip), so I picked a place where the AC water was rerunning off the roof (Passenger side rear). Had to remove some OEM caulk to get a tight fit, but used Dicor to replace. Problem was my Dicor tube was so old it was gummy so the job is pretty. Will redo when I get a new tube.
Anyway, here are some pics one after I cleaned the caulk off and another with a drop of water coming off. IT WORKS!!!
Now as soon as I figure out how to post a picture, I will. LOL

sorry for this being on it's side, just click the photo and it will straighten out

The website is: https://dragonfly2.net/shop/ols/products/rv-drip-spouts

I just watched it from the window during a very heavy rai and it worked great. I suspect I may add an extension to them in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3286.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	369846   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3287.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	369847