Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #1

Winnie fuel pump issue

My fuel pump has no power checked everything power at the relay but none coming out changed the relay and fuel pump nothing it's a 1994 454 engine p30 chassis Tbi fuel injection changed computer as we'll just a shot but nothing as we'll any help would be great
sesdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesdawg View Post
My fuel pump has no power checked everything power at the relay but none coming out changed the relay and fuel pump nothing it's a 1994 454 engine p30 chassis Tbi fuel injection changed computer as we'll just a shot but nothing as we'll any help would be great
Punctuation can be your friend.

I think you said you replaced fuel pump relay AND the fuel pump and it didn't work. Then you also changed the ECU and still no results? If you've got power through the relay, but none at the fuel pump, look for a fuse or bad connection between the relay and pump.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:25 PM   #3

Yes I changed the fuel pump. I also changed the relay and ECU, and I have changed the oil pressure switch. I do not have power coming out the relay. It was running before I started this but was missing and was acting like a fuel pump I changed it,(fuel pump) it ran for a few minutes but starting running rough then stop running and has not started since. I took new fuel pump back got another one that's when I found out that I had no power to pump. Please help

Thanks
Old 02-09-2014, 09:41 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Have you changed the fuel filter? Could be starved for fuel due to blockage. Use a short jumper wire to bridge the contacts in the relay socket and see if power is getting to pump.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #5

wont start

I would try powering the pump direct with a jumper wire and see if it will run if it does start and run you need to track down the trouble. does the system have a crash switch that cuts out the pump in case of a collision?
hometool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #6

Will try that tomorrow. It does not have a fuel cut off switch, the oil pressure switch serves that purpose.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:35 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometool View Post
I would try powering the pump direct with a jumper wire and see if it will run if it does start and run you need to track down the trouble. does the system have a crash switch that cuts out the pump in case of a collision?
Yep that is what I would look for. The Fords have a rollover sensor that must be reset under the dash near the gas pedal. Check the Owners manual and see if it mentions that someplace. The other thing is the ignition switch may be faulty.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #8

With the dog house off, look at the back left side of your tranny for a cable connector hanging there. Power back to the fuel pump routes through that connector. Wiggle it or unplug, clean, and reconnect.
keepmovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #9

I jumped the wire at the relay, pump will run . But the engine would not run. The injectors do not shoot gas. I got ingnition switch will try putting it in tomorrow. This model does not have a fuel cut off switch, checked Manuel again. I also cleaned all the grounds I could find.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #10

If you jumped the connections at the relay and the pump powered up, then it would be reasonable that the relay has gone bad. Once you have the pump running, you might check the fuel filter, or maybe some sort of clog in the fuel line.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #11

I have put two new relays just to see if it was blowing them. I will check to see if the gas is pumping to throttle body, I put a new fuel filter on it forgot to mention that. Thanks for the help keep the ideals coming I'm willing to try anything at this point.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #12

Youi should have 26 to 32 psi of fuel pressure up to those fuel injectors. Fuel goes to the injectors and then just past them is a pressure regulator that bleeds fuel back to the tank in the return line. Possible that diaphragm has failed is is just letting full flow back to the tank.
keepmovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:09 AM   #13

I don't have a wiring diagram here in front of me but if you hot wire the pump and you have correct fuel pressure and the injectors are not pulsing the probable cause would be the ignition module.
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:09 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
My 2000 Adventurer had a mystery fuel pump issue last fall. We replaced the fuel pump & filter and still had intermittent issues with not supplying fuel. My mechanic traced the wires from the motor to the fuel tank and says he found a wiring harness halfway down the drivers side of the frame that had a loose wire in it that he repaired. Haven't had an issue since. Wish we tried this first as the pump probably didn't need to be replaced.

Tags
fuel