Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2016, 09:27 AM   #1

Winterizing - almost done, but . . .

Re: 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 4009

I have pumped the pink stuff through all faucets and poured one cup into each drain. The winterization procedure listed on the plaque in the utility bay plus pump switch and intake hose is a nice feature on the MH. However,

A few questions:
1. I opened the three low-point drains (then closed prior to pumping the pink stuff). Is there a separate fresh water tank drain? I assume that one of three low point drains included that, but am not sure. I did not see one when I scooted underneath the coach. The third low point drain further underneath the other two on the board did flow pink stuff when I temporarily opened to test. Suggestions?

2. Will now do the city water inlet and black tank flush inlet thanks to instruction in the following thread: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/firs...ng-314988.html
How do you get the pink stuff in? My thought is to cut a 2 foot section of old hose and screw in the male end to the inlet. Then fill the hose with pink stuff and huff & puff it into the inlet. Can I generate enough pressure?

3. There is a Splendide 2000 S combo W/D. I could not locate the owner's manual for this. Any thoughts on the procedure to winterize this unit?

4. Can I winterize the ice maker in the Norcold 1200LRIM without the long process of waiting for pink slush in the tray?

Thanks much for your time and consideration.
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2016, 10:04 AM   #2

As per question 1. My rig has 2 low point drains. Blue for cold. Red for hot. And there is a white pipe with 2 valves. The top valve isolates the water pump from the outlet of the fresh water tank and must me closed when pumping PINK for the winter Uzi get process. The lower one on the same white pipe just drains from the water pump. The top one is hard to see as it is kinda hidden from sight behind a plastic wall panel in the water bay compartment.
I also have a main fresh water tank drain which is considerably larger and is 1 1/2" and that one is located in the very rear compartment of my rig. Don't know if this helps you any.... good luck.
I didn't hear you mention anything about draining the Hot Water Tank and bypassing with the bypass valve. Just didn't want you to forget that part.
ScottyBye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Also remember the outside shower.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBye View Post
As per question 1. My rig has 2 low point drains. Blue for cold. Red for hot. And there is a white pipe with 2 valves. The top valve isolates the water pump from the outlet of the fresh water tank and must me closed when pumping PINK for the winter Uzi get process. The lower one on the same white pipe just drains from the water pump. The top one is hard to see as it is kinda hidden from sight behind a plastic wall panel in the water bay compartment.
I also have a main fresh water tank drain which is considerably larger and is 1 1/2" and that one is located in the very rear compartment of my rig. Don't know if this helps you any.... good luck.
I didn't hear you mention anything about draining the Hot Water Tank and bypassing with the bypass valve. Just didn't want you to forget that part.
I did drain the HWH tank and turned the bypass valve prior to pumping the pink stuff through all hot & cold sides of faucets. Thanks much.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
I did drain the HWH tank and turned the bypass valve prior to pumping the pink stuff through all hot & cold sides of faucets. Thanks much.

Perfect
Old 11-12-2016, 12:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyd View Post
Also remember the outside shower.
Yes, I did that one. Newmar makes it easy since it is next to the winterization instructions, pump, and intake hose. Thanks much.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:27 PM   #7

Update:

I can now answer my own question #2. No, you can't generate enough pressure to open the valve. I huffed & puffed to no avail. Then I got out my air compressor, released pressure, stuck chuck in end of hose and gently squeezed off 30 - 50 psi. I used my label maker to attach a warning reminder to the hose end to release air pressure from compressor at the gun because it will max out at 150 psi. That would not be good for the plumbing.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:27 PM   #8

Don't forget the sprayer on your sink if you have one.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:01 PM   #9

And the sprayer on the toilet
RDGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:58 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You have follow the links in this thread also I assume.
Plus you have looked at the thread you have been following for updates to thread may cover your WD.

Here is a Brochure and Owners Guide for you and this link will lead you to TSB's for your coach.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";3333515]You have follow[B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/its-that-time-again-winterize-your-rv-106134.html#post988606
the links[/URL][/B] in this thread also I assume.
Plus you have looked at the thread you have been following for updates to thread may cover your WD.

Here is a Brochure and Owners Guide for you and this link will lead you to TSB's for your coach.

Yes, I had previously read all of the posts in the above thread, but evidently missed the one concerning the city water and black water flush inlets. I do have the brochure and owners guide. The only item now outstanding to winterize is the Splendide WD. I have an email in to the previous owner, but hopefully someone on this forum has winterized a Splendide. Thanks much.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:47 PM   #12

Update 8:45 EST

Look what I found - instructions for winterizing the Splendide WD.

http://www.splendide.com/WD2_AW122_Winterize.pdf

Thanks to all who responded. Winterization will be complete tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:48 PM   #13

Glad to hear that you found instructions and happy camping!
Old 11-14-2016, 04:52 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Do not forget to flush the toilet till you get pink fluid flow! Any cold or hot faucet ( inside or outside) needs to be done as well as draining hot water tank or ice maker! Also drain fresh water tank and do not put pink fluid into this tank!!!!!!

Good luck
AlanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter