Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2015, 03:24 PM   #1

Winterizing Coachman Mirada question

Hi! We recently moved from a class C to a 05 Coachman Mirada 32' Class A and there are a few differences I'm struggling with. For tiffsny seizing the old one it was easy .. pour antifreeze in the toilet, sinks, and in the fresh water tank
.. We had two hose connectors on the old one ... one for the fresh water tank and one for the city water. It made getting antifreeze in to the fresh water tank easy with a funnel. This is all new with this coach so i have few questions.

1. The manual indicates that the funky water connections panel with 4 colored knobs on it and a hose connector will allow me to suck up antifreeze using a hose, bucket and turning on the pump. That sound about right? Do I turn the knobs to the winterize setting before or after adding the antifreeze?

2. How do I drain the hot water tank on this thing? I can't even find it!!

3. Come spring, how do you drain the fresh water tank and then where do you fill it? Is the hose connection on the outside for both city and fresh tanks and the knows select where the water goes? If so then I just need to know how to drain it so I csn cycle the water to clean out the antifreeze. Thanks!

Thanks!
Zonearc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2015, 06:01 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Your 2005 may be similar to my 2001. Here is a short How-To I wrote up, printed, and put it in my manual. binder

WINTERIZING / DEWINTERIZING | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:21 AM   #3

That has some amazingly useful information!!

The strange thing is the manual for our RV doesn't indicate where the water heater is nor the drain plug. I can't find it. I've opened all of the compartments so far.

The other question is ... on your panel if you turn the fresh water tank drain valve does the water instantly start pouring out somewhere under the RV?
Old 11-29-2015, 02:30 PM   #4

FYI, this explained it perfectly. On mine, it doesn't have a separate drain valve, but instead the other 4 valves to turn a drain setting and it does the whole thing. At this point, the only thing I need is the special hose/fitting so I can suck up some antifreeze and that should be good. I don't think I'll need to do all the other steps under the bed ... if I fill the tank with a mixture of water and antifreeze and turn on the faucets/pump it should pull a bit through the pump/hoses, etc and provide sufficient protection I think.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:04 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
The two low point drains and the fresh tank drain all dump under the MH.

Hopefully you found the drain on the water heater.

I would drain all lines as described, then it only takes about two gallons to completely winterize all the lines using the procedure described.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:38 PM   #6

I did it all except for the water heater. I have zero clue where it is and how to drain it. It's going to be ~30 degrees tonight. Hopefully not so bad that it freezes the WH inside the rig, but I ran out of time. I'm hoping that maybe it filled up with a little antifreeze from running the pump? Either way, if anyone else knows where I can look for the WH and the drain, that would be great =)

Tags
ada, mirada, winter