Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #1

Wiper blade replacement need some help!

One of the wiper arms on this coach is broke. I didn't think this was going to be an ordeal to replace but damn if it's not a real pain. I figured at the least being we own commercial trucks any of our normal Freightliner or International truck parts vendors would have this arm. No such luck.

This is a Sprague Systems wiper arm. I have googled it, have found a few leads but I'm up against the wall trying to get launched in 2 days so we can go for a week cruise before my youngest son heads back to school. I'm running out of time and of course a tropical storm is heading our way so rain is guaranteed.

Anyone with some ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #2

When I was looking for one for my older RV ('94) I must have visited 20 different auto parts stores and big box stores. Around the Northwest area, California and the SW. Finally found the proper device at a Car Quest auto store in a small town in New Mexico.

Point is, they can be hard to find, but they're probably available, somewhere.

Suggest you put the Brand, model, and age of your RV in your signature...maybe someone with the same unit as yours has already found them. You might try eBay too.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #3

I looked at EBay and saw some possible replacements. I'm up against the clock so was hoping to find a quick fix. I do have a large bus restoration company near me and I'm going to go to their parts department in the AM and see if I can get lucky.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #4

You might also check for RV salvage Yards in your area, or maybe get lucky at a local RV (Camping World) type of shop where they might have one somewhere in the storage area.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Maybe you can find it here.

Wiper Parts
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchet View Post
I looked at EBay and saw some possible replacements. I'm up against the clock so was hoping to find a quick fix. I do have a large bus restoration company near me and I'm going to go to their parts department in the AM and see if I can get lucky.

Try this place....Veurinks....I needed a very difficult part to find, and Sue at Veurinks was great. Phone no. 800 822 5292
Good Luck
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #7

Try ASE supply 1-800=289-2737. This is where i found my wiper part and if they have it can probably overnight it. Good luck
ccraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #8

What part of the arm is broken? Are the splines stripped out or is there other physical damage to the arm. Most wiper arms I have dealt with are tapered and fit over a tapered/cone shaped splined shaft. The material on the arms is softer than that of the shaft so that once you place the arm over the shaft and apply the proper torque the shaft will dig new grooves into the arm.
Confusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:13 AM   #9

These wipers have 2 pieces that swivel back and forth. The passenger side the plastic broke so one part isn't attached.

I did find a different style arm that is the same length one piece. It attaches the same way and should be fine. We're attaching them today to test them out.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:14 AM   #10

On our trip from Orlando, FL to Nova Scotia last summer we had both of our wiper arms break off on our 2009 Bounder. The first we got a replacement sent from Fleetwood to DC and it cost us a fortune in freight. The second one we ordered from a place called ( dieselequipment.com ) they are in Greensboro North Carolina and I highly recommend them to do business with. They seem to have a great assortment of both wiper arms as well as blades.....Alan
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Go to this site and download the RV wiper parts catalog. These aren't Sprague but they have many wiper system parts for many MHs.

http://www.densoheavyduty.com/rv/windshield.php
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #12

I found some at a MH restoration shop near my warehouse. They were a different style and I actually like them better then the original pair. The only issue now is it seems these arms are an arm that the curve of the arm depends on if it's a drivers or passenger side blade. It seems I mounted two passenger arms as one looks correct the drivers arm is at an odd angle when not in use tontomthe curve of the arm. So it looks wacky but the most important issue is they work when it rains, I will work on getting it corrected next week.

Tags
replacement