Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #1

Wiring Diagram

Looking for a wiring diagram for the tails and 6 or 7 pin connector on a 2004 National RV Sea Breeze LX8321 can someone point to a website. Thanks
lrsses is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2018, 06:37 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Use Google to find diagrams for 6 pin, 7 pin or 7 blade trailer connectors, at the tow vehicle and at the trailer (or Toad) Often if you take the socket apart you'll find little numbers cast in the housing identifying which pin is which.

Those diagrams will show how the outlet is supposed to be wired, but using a meter or test light on what is installed in your RV is still a good idea to be sure it's correct.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Use Google to find diagrams for 6 pin, 7 pin or 7 blade trailer connectors, at the tow vehicle and at the trailer (or Toad) Often if you take the socket apart you'll find little numbers cast in the housing identifying which pin is which.

Those diagrams will show how the outlet is supposed to be wired, but using a meter or test light on what is installed in your RV is still a good idea to be sure it's correct.

The problem is the the hoppy wiring diagram used by National the hoppy is the electric converter the that used to convert the turn signal and the brake light of the tow vehicle to the single turn/brake light of the toad.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:55 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
What is the problem with the converter? Is it the tow vehicle (RV) that has the combined brake and turn signal or separate lights for each function? How about the trailer (Toad?) Are its lights combined or separate? I've wired many setups, also from 4 wire to 7 wire, and back the other way. All the answers are found from multiple sources. Your opening question said, "6 or 7 pin connector" so I didn't give a specific answer because there are two different questions. Perhaps if you explain what the setup is on the RV and what you are trying to wire it to a more concise answer can be given.

Bob & Donna
Old 07-24-2018, 09:00 PM   #5

You could try .

www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring.aspx
Old 07-25-2018, 06:36 AM   #6

Quote:
What is the problem with the converter? Is it the tow vehicle (RV) that has the combined brake and turn signal or separate lights for each function? How about the trailer (Toad?) Are its lights combined or separate? I've wired many setups, also from 4 wire to 7 wire, and back the other way. All the answers are found from multiple sources. Your opening question said, "6 or 7 pin connector" so I didn't give a specific answer because there are two different questions. Perhaps if you explain what the setup is on the RV and what you are trying to wire it to a more concise answer can be given.
The problem is the tow vehicle the wires are old and have pulled apart it is the separate brake and turn signal. The toad is the combined turn and brake. The previous owner had worked on the wiring and had add defferent colored wire so it looks like a pot of colored spaghetti. And I don’t want to pay a shop 85.00 or 115.00 to fix. And as someone said try etrailer I did no help! Thanks
Old 07-25-2018, 10:07 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsses View Post
The problem is the tow vehicle the wires are old and have pulled apart it is the separate brake and turn signal. The toad is the combined turn and brake. The previous owner had worked on the wiring and had add defferent colored wire so it looks like a pot of colored spaghetti. And I don’t want to pay a shop 85.00 or 115.00 to fix. And as someone said try etrailer I did no help! Thanks
You still haven't answered the questions I asked earlier. You can continue to try to muddle through your pot of colored spaghetti or pull it all out and start over.

If the converter works, it can be reused. I'd start at the RV bumper connector and verify that all pins are correctly wired. Then connect your umbilical cord and make sure it's passing all signals through to the correct pins on the front bumper of the Toad. Then determine what signals the Toad needs to light the proper lights. You may need to install the 3 to 2 converter at that point.

If you took it to U-Haul or some other shop to fix the wiring, I think they'd do as I suggest and start over.

Bob & Donna
Old 07-25-2018, 04:30 PM   #8

Yes that was my next step and to save a lot time it would be my best step. I did the process from the connector at the back of the RV. The connector a the back of the RV is a Molex 6 pin and the wiring for the 7 pin that is used to provide power to your toad is also on a 6 pin Molex Male. I hope that is the answer to your question.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:45 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Yes that was my next step and to save a lot time it would be my best step. I did the process from the connector at the back of the RV. The connector a the back of the RV is a Molex 6 pin and the wiring for the 7 pin that is used to provide power to your toad is also on a 6 pin Molex Male. I hope that is the answer to your question.
I wired my Toad with a 6 pin round trailer plug to match the 6 wire umbilical cord I use. No rectangular Molex plug, male or female anywhere in the system.

Bob & Donna
Old 07-25-2018, 05:29 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Looking for a wiring diagram for the tails and 6 or 7 pin connector on a 2004 National RV Sea Breeze LX8321 can someone point to a website. Thanks

It's a generic pin out. Google will have the info.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:34 PM   #11

Quote:
I wired my Toad with a 6 pin round trailer plug to match the 6 wire umbilical cord I use. No rectangular Molex plug, male or female anywhere in the system.

You have Gulf Stream I have National Sea Breeze! So they wouldn’t be the same. Thanks
Old 07-25-2018, 05:38 PM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
You have Gulf Stream I have National Sea Breeze! So they wouldn’t be the same. Thanks
Yes, they would, there are standards that all RV manufacturers follow, whether Class A or a trailer.

Bob & Donna
Old 07-25-2018, 05:47 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Have you tried to ask for help in the National RV Owners Forum? I don't think the Hoppy converter was installed by National. I had a Hoppy on a tow vehicle a few years ago something happened to it and it screwed up all the lights.

"No body knows you RV better then someone has one like it"
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:04 PM   #14

Hoppy converters are prone to be damaged with mis-wiring.

The Hoppy is fairly straight forward. Separate Turn and Stop signals are fed into the Hoppy and the combined Stop/Turn signals come out for the trailer.

There are three levels of Hoppys, the highest level Hoppy is protected from shorts. You will not find the top level Hoppy in a local store.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring, wiring diagram