Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2021, 07:25 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
Also considering Dish. I have the Winegard Traveler on the roof. With a Wally and a Joey, can I assume I can watch TWO different programs at one? (one on each TV, of course). Also, do I need one or two coax cables coming down from the roof?

You don't need any additional cables to run the 211 receivers.

If you want to use your Hopper from your home you need this switch installed to make it work. I tried to install one myself and it didn't work. I'm planning on hiring a Dish installer to do it for me.
https://www.amazon.com/Hybrid-Switch.../dp/B0788TJNM7

Is this operation seamless like DTV?...meaning can I go all over the country and it will automatically switch to the appropriate bird? ( I see mention of an East Arc, a West Arc, etc....Drives me crazy trying to figure it out.)
So far our Traveler has been seamless. From the East Coast to Arizona we've not needed to touch it. Just deploy it, give it five minutes or so and it sets it all up. You need to make sure your dish is set up for Dish Network and not Direct TV.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2021, 07:38 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have a Hopper 3 and 2 wireless Joey's in the stick house. I take them to the MH when I go. Hook the Hopper to the RF Mogul auto dish in the MH and front TV. The Joeys go to the salon and bedroom TV's. All my TV's in the house and MH are Samsung so no reprogramming required. Works great!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:13 PM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks, Jim...but now I am more confused. That switch is for FOUR input cables coming down from the roof! But you say "no"? DTV has something similar, but never any more than a single coax from the roof.

So, why is there any difference with a home receiver vs an RV-type receiver insofar as the number of leads from the roof? When ordering service, do I need to tell them this is for an RV setup (which it WILL be) and not home use? Are there other receiver options for RV use? And can I PURCHASE a receiver rather than rent from Dish?

It appears DTV has a simpler setup, but, OH.....soo much more variable and difficult to negotiate their customer service, it seems. That is why I want to go with Dish, I believe.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:57 PM   #18

New DISH TV User

After 21 years with DirecTV, and putting up with their high price (last bill was $240), I have switched to DISH. We have a Hopper 3 and a Joey for our two home TVs. The Hopper 3 has 16 tuners and the Wally and ViP211z only have one tuner. My 2013 Class A has a King Dome 9704 satellite antenna on the roof and the Owner's Manual says it is compatible with either DirecTV, DISH, or Bell (for Canada).

Does anyone know if the modern technology DISH receivers like the Wally and the ViP722 can receive Dish satellite programming from the King Dome 9704 or will I have to go to a different antenna.
Spadman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish