RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2017, 08:30 AM   #29

Chris. If you are not going to share the name of the dealer, what was the point of your post? You come on here after you paid more than the original price and complain about the experience, but fail to mention the dealer's name so that others can avoid them. Personally, I would have told the dealer to stick it in his ear and walked away. You have every right to post here or anywhere, but don't expect any sympathy when you post after the sale that you gave in to the dealers deceitful practice, but fail to disclose his name so others can be warned.

I hope your coach works out well for you.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2017, 12:23 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbdsl View Post
OK I'm excited that we closed a deal on a HR Scepter 42PDQ.

But I'm [mod edit] with the owners of the dealership.
I went there in good faith that the MH would be at the advertised price as when I started talking to them last week. The price was advertised on their web site and on auto trader. I last talked to the sales rep on Wednesday and arrived on Thursday to view the MH.

We were satisfied with the MH and agreed to purchase. Imagine my surprise when the price quoted was $10K higher than what I had seen on their site.
The salesman was confused as well.

He went and talked to one of the owners and was told the price had gone up Wednesday because he had put 8 new tires on??? (Really $1250 per tire??) Also the pictures on the web site showed the new tires already on and had been on the web for a week.

He refused to honor the old web price! Eventually I did wear them down by $5K but it still does not make me feel good.

We never met him and every time the salesman tried to see him with an offer he was gone from his office for 15-30 minutes at a time.

Even the salesman acknowledged that this was a poor business practice.

We previously dealt with the dealership when their father ran things and had nothing but good to say. Obviously his sons don't have the same sense of honor and commitment and are ruining the business reputation as word will spread (I guarantee it!)

Before saying I should have walked remember that in my area ( and this was a 7 hour drive away) there are very few MHs on the market and we've been looking for 3 months. This MH does meet all our requirements and even thought the price was jacked up it was not a bad deal. (though try and tell the DW that.)

We haven't picked up the MH yet but this is not over from our perspective.

Chris
You should have walked away.

a very similar story. My son was looking for an used Ford F250 pick up truck to tow his trailer. He found one in Missouri--yea, I know. Half way across the country for a truck....... what we will do for our kids...lol We live in California. He talked to dealer and they sent him many pictures--dozens of pictures. They agreed on price, he was paying cash. My son and I flew to Missouri, the dealer picked us up and we drove 3 hours to dealership. Got there about 4pm, almost closing time. We looked at truck. It was good but they had my son believing there were new tires on it. One tire even had a plug put in the sidewall of it for a patch--I'm not driving back to CA on that tire. Also a scratch in right rear bumper that was never mentioned and never showed up on any of the many pictures. Dealer/salesman figured he had us since we just flew in from California and really no way home without the truck. He was wrong..........

I called Enterprise car rental and they came to get us at the dealer. I was driving the rental car home. I didn't care about the truck anymore. frankly, I was P#$$ed.

The dealer couldn't believe it when enterprise actually said they would be there in 30 minutes. They offered us 4 new tires, $500 in body work credit (minor scratch, my son fixed it for $50 plus his labor). I said no, I really didn't care anymore.

Another $1000 price drop from agreed sales price and we changed our mind--actually my son got me to change my mind. Dealer put the 4 new tires on right there, I canceled enterprise and we drove the truck 1600 miles home.

My point is you have to be willing to walk away and really walk away. threats don't work. Its hard sometimes especially after you've spend countless dollars, time and energy getting to that point.

BTW, My son was freaking out during this whole transaction. I know he would have taken the truck as is, if I wasn't there.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer