Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2019, 09:54 PM   #57

Excel Owners Club
Aqua Hot is fine till it has a issue. Then $$$ !
My unit has had pumps fail. Circuit board that a drop of water ran down and it was gone!
Mixing valve replacement, the whole unit had to come out to replace it. And then regular matience $$$. And it was new three years ago! Would I have it on the next coach? Only if I win the lottery!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2019, 11:52 PM   #58

We have Aqua Hot, no heated floors. We have owned this 06 Travel Supreme for 6 years.
First I have to ask - what is all this talk about quiet? We find it to be quite noisy while burning even to the point of neighbours complaining. Inside it has 3 fans running in the living area to the point where we turn the TV up when they run and down when it's off.
Reliability? It is a constant work in progress. I feel confident that I know as much about Aqua Hot as ANY technician and more than many. There is very little on my unit that hasn't been replaced in the last 6 years and some of it was because of bad diagnostic guesses by Aqua Hot factory and other techs. Now that I am practically an authority on them it would almost seem a shame to go back to propane. Probably the biggest advantage is you can go months on a tank of diesel.
I like the idea of the heated floors, we have them at home, but we replaced the carpet with vinyl plank and I just wish we had replaced the tile as well, we wouldn't need heated floors.
royellithorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:44 AM   #59

Ford Super Duty Owner
Frist, I will say I don't own an Aqua-Hot but reading this looks like I would be better off without one. In the last 300 days of camping, I have only used my propane heater for maybe 2 hours. Most the time I'm camping in locations that are above 45 degrees and the heat pumps and the electric fireplace keeps us warm. Our hot water heater is a Truma OnDemand water heater that provides us with all the hot water we need. It has two settings one that keeps small reserve tank hot and eco mode that only heats water on demand. Our 36-gallon propane tank will require about 20 gallons a season to fuel the Truma. I guess if we did a lot of boondocking or cold weather camping then it would have some benefit to us. I do agree I won't have another coach without heated floors.

Maintenance on the Truma is put in some tablets in the screen and turn the dial to clean and all done in an hour or so.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:02 AM   #60

Bought a new 2005 Safari Gazelle DP with diesel aqua-hot, engine preheat, endless hot water and front and rear heated zones. I would buy it again, but would get the LP aqua-hot as it requires no annual maintenance. The diesel model must be tuned up annually or it will stop working.
05SafGaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #61

Tiffin Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
We have a 2011 Allegro bus. Our floors are not heated with our Aqua Hot Anne it is a little challenges when the evenings get into the low 30. We love the aqua hot, nopropane. My husband services our Aqua Hot. Thank goodness he is handy!
JMCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:50 AM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Aqua Hot for hot water and heat pump. Love being able to have hot water powered from diesel fuel.
Blog: bailey18.com
AllanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:54 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCherry View Post
We have a 2011 Allegro bus. Our floors are not heated with our Aqua Hot Anne it is a little challenges when the evenings get into the low 30. We love the aqua hot, nopropane. My husband services our Aqua Hot. Thank goodness he is handy!
We don't have heated floors either

Bumping both the basement heater thermostats up a bit really makes a difference on the tile floor temps
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:40 AM   #64

Aqua Hot again?

We got started with the Tiffin rv's. Our last three including our present 2019 40 IP has it as that is what Tiffin puts in them. All three Aqua Hot let us down before we could get to Arizona from Montana. Water pipes froze in several places and broke. Our new one we Just picked it up, 40 IP, almost burned down our coach before leaving the dealer. Aqua Hot quality control didn't tighten a line inside the burner and diesel all over the ground in a puddle. Lucky I caught it before it could ignite when we returned from Thanks Giving dinner. Other times it was pumps going out and at ZERO pipes freeze fast. Techs tell me if company would go back to the German made pumps it would solve a lot of issues. It is a good system when it works right. Nobody cares about quality in workmanship anymore. This is very likly our last Tiffin for several other reasons in a new 40 IP. We ordered this coach, Very Disappointed.
loren harris is offline   Reply With Quote