Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Michigan also charges for the MH and toad, I heard the policy changed and emailed them about 2 weeks ago and still don't have a reply. I will post it once I receive the email.
SMRDNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
$34 a night? Oh the irony!

First off, $34 a night seems rather reasonable to me. We've stayed in places that were 3 X that and some of them were no more that parking lots with pedestals.

The irony of pulling in with a $300K rig and complaining about a $34 a night rate is just too much for me.

I would rather pay $34 a night than have the parks closed due to budgetary constraints.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Wisconsin state parks will charge a vehicle fee for both the motorhome and the toad, but only one camping fee. Years ago only the toad had to have the admission sticker, the motor home was handled exactly as a travel trailer or other camping unit. Someone must have decided they were missing out on potential income and that changed. At least they only charge half price on the second annual vehicle pass.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Let's see, if you get away with only paying $30 to $40 a night to enjoy the comfort of your own bed. Then so be it. You could always stay at the KOA for $50 a night or some stay at a Hotel for $180 a night. Stop complaining and be happy you can afford the MH and fuel and actually get to enjoy it. It's still cheaper than the Hotel and you know who last slept in the bed.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
First off, $34 a night seems rather reasonable to me. We've stayed in places that were 3 X that and some of them were no more that parking lots with pedestals.

The irony of pulling in with a $300K rig and complaining about a $34 a night rate is just too much for me.

I would rather pay $34 a night than have the parks closed due to budgetary constraints.
My rig just 1/2 that so I'd like fee to be $17. And as of yet I've never paid $102 for one night in a state park or anywhere else for that matter.
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

I agree. State parks have a hard time making ends meet. They are still a bargain!
Old Dude 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
My rig just 1/2 that so I'd like fee to be $17. And as of yet I've never paid $102 for one night in a state park or anywhere else for that matter.
Mine too. Maybe that's why I have some cash left over to stay in the 5 Star RV resorts.

The KOA nearest us is just over $100 a night (before they tack on all the extras!). At that price you'd think it was on the beach. Nope. Nearest beach is about 4 miles away and you'll pay to get in there!
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #22

Quote:

Mine too. Maybe that's why I have some cash left over to stay in the 5 Star RV resorts.

The KOA nearest us is just over $100 a night (before they tack on all the extras!). At that price you'd think it was on the beach. Nope. Nearest beach is about 4 miles away and you'll pay to get in there!
I stayed in 2 different parks for a total of 6 days a couple weeks ago in Iowa. $18 per night. One was a individual owned park one a city park. Both were as nice as I would ever want and not crowded. That Valley you in out there high rent district. Lol
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #23

I'm finding this whole thread very depressing. I am about to become a simultaneous newbee and full timer not by choice but need of a roof over my head...to the one who says $35 a night isn't a lot--ponder this...you must live in a 26' class c older than your child. You are on disability collecting $710 a month. You are not old enough to get Senior passes. Now, tell me again $35 is not a lot.
OldHippie53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #24

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Wisconsin state parks will charge a vehicle fee for both the motorhome and the toad, but only one camping fee. Years ago only the toad had to have the admission sticker, the motor home was handled exactly as a travel trailer or other camping unit. Someone must have decided they were missing out on potential income and that changed. At least they only charge half price on the second annual vehicle pass.
We are going to Wisconsin next week and I was told by the State Parks they allow the toad in free. this what I copied off their website:

"Any vehicle licensed/registered for use on a roadway and that is towed or carried into a vehicle admission area is provided free admission. Any type of vehicle can be towed or do the towing—motor home, truck camper, motorcycle, etc.
The vehicle doing the towing or carrying must have an annual or daily admission sticker. A vehicle being towed or carried will be issued a free Courtesy Admission Sticker allowing it the same access and privileges as a vehicle with an annual or daily admission sticker"
lets hope it's true!
SMRDNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Personally, I think I could live with 34 dollars per night since I generally pay that or more at private campgrounds. I would rather be charged $34 for my RV and nothing for the toad, rather than $17 for each. More principal than anything though.
chuckftboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #26

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We use parking lots when in transit and don't need an RV parks amenities. Why pay for a swimming pool and "free" breakfast when all we want is a place to sleep?
Some people seem to think that's "cheap" and no one should do it, but most of us paid lots of $$ to have a self contained rig that can do it. When we get to our destination we do stay in an RV park or campground.
We can easily afford to pay for a spot, but why, if we don't need it?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #27

That's alright by me, but our toad rides on a trailer. Does any class a that pulls a trailer pay double. What if your toad is in a in closed trailer? Do they charge triple. I just want our own separate spot for the toad then. If not we will pullin separate and each get our own spot, hopefully side by side. In Kansas the corp and state lakes don't do this to my knowledge.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

Where do you live that a KOA is over $100? Even the Class A only resorts aren't that high.

Tags
class a