Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2020, 10:16 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklaes View Post
A pad of paper with the header... things to bring next time.
One Detailer ( Doing it yourself , Life Ins. )
One housemaid ( Wife doing it , Good Lawyer )
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2020, 10:34 PM   #86

Winnebago Owners Club
A few folks mentioned a fly swatter...Better yet is an electric tennis racquet type killer...It's lots of fun to watch the unwanted pests explode, with sparks even..
I mounted a white board on the front of the fridge to write what I forgot or need, and where certain things are located in the rig...
I needed my magnetic tow lights for my Samurai when the pigtail had an issue..I had to tear everything apart to locate them..Not anymore!
Have fun!
Joyce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 11:33 PM   #87

Thor Owners Club
I'll admit that I didn't thoroughly look at all 7 pages of replies, but I didn't see anyone suggest a portable tote. A few of the public campgrounds that are at really great locations lack sewer hookups. They have power and water, but I found that my 40 gal tote just the ticket to keep from having to make periodic trips to the dump station. I also vote for the TPMS that a few others suggested......really important to see the pressures of all the wheels. I even put them on the toad.
garyschuetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 11:53 PM   #88

In addition to all the other things people have listed, you might want to carry some kitty litter in the winter in case you run into ice on the road or a camp shovel in case you find yourself stuck in sand and have to dig out. I find a rake handy for raking rocks away before laying down my mat so the larger stones won't hurt your feet while wearing flip flops or sandals. It might also help with bits of cactus also. Otherwise, fishing gear if you like, and any other games or things that you will enjoy while camping. Cameras, art equipment whatever floats your boat. Of course if you make room for absolutely all of the stuff that is listed, like someone said, you'll need a bigger rig. LOL
Congratulations on the new coach. Enjoy.
Linda Bohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:06 AM   #89

Did you pick up the 12ft trailer to carry all of the essential items suggested by this post ?

I started with 4 rolls of toilet paper, 1 sewer hose, and 1 water hose. All of that came in a "New RV Owner " kit.

That and a credit card had me camping.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 06:32 AM   #90

Of all the things posted I can tell you what you will not need with a Tiffin.

1:A power surge protector. Every unit comes with a factory install huge surge protector at the end of your power cord in that compartment.

2: A memory foam topper. The mattress is an advanced memory foam one that is better than any one we have slept on.

Happy Travels

Jack
Old 12-11-2020, 06:39 AM   #91

Winnebago Owners Club
quite the list building here.....

We made the mistake with our first MH to go crazy and buy everything someone recommended.... Most has sat unused for 3 years. We just traded that MH for a new one, and were surprised by what we had collected in basement storage... We are 'purging' items, not loading everything into the new coach.

If I were to do it over, I would start with safety items - TPMS, for example. Invest in a good quality adjustable water pressure regulator - and if you can, install it inside your wet bay (some campgrounds you can't as the pressure will blow out the hose before it reaches the regulator) - this is the one of the most commonly left behind items at campsites.

And I'll echo others - your sense of humor, your wallet, your drink of choice to recover from the ride Maybe that TShirt that apologizes for everything you said while backing in....

And remember, there are stores everywhere.
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 07:46 AM   #92

Spare engine belts. Extra DEF,etc
jimter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 07:54 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserchrome View Post
I have my 1st Motorhome being delivered in the next week or so (Tiffin Red 37BA, all electric). We will soon be on the go and love out of the way places, towing a Jeep JL.
So please share maybe 2 or 3 items that you consider essential that do not typically come with a new unit. It can be anything either on the men's or ladies side. Power Surge Protection to Pima Cotton Sheets.

Thank You in Advance!
New Coach - Tools

Link may Help - https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/wha...ag-468622.html
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 07:54 AM   #94

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Smile Essentials

Lots of good stuff listed here. Start with the basics, safety gear mentioned. Road flares, those triangles, extra fire extinguishers (one in the toad). Carbon monoxide detector, gas detector should be there if you have propane.
I carry extra pins for the tow bar.
You’ll soon find what what you NEED and what’s nice to have.
Most important: Enjoy your new rig and have fun.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:36 AM   #95

New motorhome essentials

We have only been at this for 2 seasons, we were brand new newbies before that and what I will tell you is this.....you do NOT need everything immediately. I would recommend you get a good toolbox with basic tools, comfortable bedding and towels, coffee pot, non-kink fresh water hose, non-kink rinse hose that is different color, stinky slinky with attachment to ground (we like our Rhino), quality surge protector, basic kitchen “stuff” that will fit in the unit (pots and pans, dish towels, etc), small outdoor rug, comfortable outdoor chairs that fit in your bins (don’t buy until you know the size), a small but mighty fan (we have Vornado and it is amazing), and a Magnashade. Honestly, I know it is tempting to think you need everything but I promise you will not. I have learned from personal experience that every camper is very different and the things that they consider essential is also different. You will love things that others think are a waste of space and others will tell you that you need $400 grills that you will never use. Go basic to start, keep a notepad in the motorhome, and add it to the list to bring next time. Seriously, DON’T be fooled into all the crap others say are definitive “have to have’s”. Oh, and for goodness sake don’t forget your wine opener!
StephNHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:16 AM   #96

Tiffin Owners Club
Things to have on board

A 8X10 mat for outside the steps. Keeps the inside cleaner. I use 10 inch nails (Lowes or HD) and drive them into the corners and side to hold in place when the wind comes up. I "protect" them with LED lights with the base tube sliding over the protruding nails.. Lights up your area, too....
Ken D.
Kendorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:49 AM   #97

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Most of what everyone has posted but for me the replacement of the water heater with an Attwood on demand water heater. With 3 women with long hair i never run out of hot water!
poorfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:55 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorfarmer View Post
Most of what everyone has posted but for me the replacement of the water heater with an Attwood on demand water heater. With 3 women with long hair i never run out of hot water!
While the water may stay HOT - with Three Long Hair Beauties, I bet you have run out of water, especially, If you Boondock even just a little -
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, motor, motorhome