Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2020, 09:56 AM   #99

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Progressive surge and EMS. I preferred the hardwired one. I do not depend on the limited surge protection in a transfer switch.
Portable Air compressor, then you might not need that with a DP.
Good tool kit with sockets
Battery operated Drill/Driver
Volt Ohm meter
Tire screens, snap on or the donut type, not vinyl covers
Good nozzle, with a soap dispenser, to wash the rig.
A couple of good patio chairs
Small electric fans, good for a breeze outside and drying a wet floor.
https://myrandomviews.com/stories/tipsandhints
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2020, 10:14 AM   #100

For dry camping it's taken a few trips to figure out what is essential and what is just a bit of a bonus, aside from all that is listed I try to maintain as minimum of a list as possible to save on space as most of that is allocated to the DW . I found that a small self igniting propane torch is great for starting camp fires when the weather is a little on the damp side and I also like to carry an adapter hose that connects a 20 lb propane tank to any propane appliance that runs on those annoying little green bottles that last about 2.35 minutes. I'm also a miser when it comes to using our house batteries and we like to read in bed at night so I found that using small led headlamps that use AAA batteries quite handy.
roccovw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 10:15 AM   #101

Command Hooks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserchrome View Post
I have my 1st Motorhome being delivered in the next week or so (Tiffin Red 37BA, all electric). We will soon be on the go and love out of the way places, towing a Jeep JL.
So please share maybe 2 or 3 items that you consider essential that do not typically come with a new unit. It can be anything either on the men's or ladies side. Power Surge Protection to Pima Cotton Sheets.

Thank You in Advance!
I discovered command hooks and use them everywhere! I've hung art work, towel hooks in the bathroom, hung a clock, dog leashes, and outside for numerous uses. Cannot have enough of them!
RVer711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:04 AM   #102

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Busskipper

You would be correct but I don’t boondock. If i did with my crowd i would have to trailer a water wagon behind me!!
poorfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:41 AM   #103

Elec RV?

Most important thing not included in your RV is an engine.
ItalGerBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:08 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorfarmer View Post
You would be correct but I don’t boondock. If i did with my crowd i would have to trailer a water wagon behind me!!
- -

I've got 6 Granddaughters - I get the Message!
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 01:45 PM   #105

Essential gear for camping

I noticed no one mentioned folding bar stools..
We usually carry two folding chairs (harbor freight $20 each with fold down side table) and 2 folding bar stools ($15 each on sale at walmart). all of which fit very nicely in our basement along with a 6 foot folding table and the rest of our gear.. We usually carry two more harbor freight folding chairs in the back of our pickup as well.. There are only the two of us but since we usually camp with 2 to 3 other families, the extra chairs come in handy when the gatherings move between sites.. The bar stools come in really handy when preparing dinner outdoors, because of the height, you can keep an eye on your food and not have to keep getting up and down to check on the food or refresh your drink.. The stools don't take up much floor space when huddled around an indoor table during inclement weather or under the awning to keep out of the sun.

Safe and healthy travels
1stimerveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 02:40 PM   #106

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimerveer View Post
I noticed no one mentioned folding bar stools..
We usually carry two folding chairs (harbor freight $20 each with fold down side table) and 2 folding bar stools ($15 each on sale at walmart). all of which fit very nicely in our basement along with a 6 foot folding table and the rest of our gear.. We usually carry two more harbor freight folding chairs in the back of our pickup as well.. There are only the two of us but since we usually camp with 2 to 3 other families, the extra chairs come in handy when the gatherings move between sites.. The bar stools come in really handy when preparing dinner outdoors, because of the height, you can keep an eye on your food and not have to keep getting up and down to check on the food or refresh your drink.. The stools don't take up much floor space when huddled around an indoor table during inclement weather or under the awning to keep out of the sun.

Safe and healthy travels

Yes, we have 4 -they come in blue now also but haven't seen them in our store. Very cheap and do the job! Light and so easy to carry.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:17 PM   #107

Freightliner Owners Club
Roadside assistance Tire Warranty. also a good tablet that can be used without sitting next to a router or wifi. that way you can research what you may need. If you have pets a first aid kit for your pets. Make a list of setup and teardown protocol. Follow it as that will keep you from forgetting something. Also most important if you have a sensitive nose , black tank treatment to keep the smell from coming back into your coach. and a heavy duty 30 amp or 50 amp extension cord. you will be very grateful you have it as occasionally you can't get close enough to the power. same thing with extra sewer line. if your are going to boondock or dry camp you may want to consider the portable waste tank. Go out and enjoy yourself.
2018 Weekend Warrior 4620 fifth wheel toy hauler
2upServant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:27 AM   #108

Smile Essential items

Packing a flash light, rain coat and boots are always useful. I didn’t see these on your list
Old 12-12-2020, 01:02 PM   #109

Makita cacuum

We bought a cordless makita vacuum when the b&d we had failed. Stick type which uses their 18 v battery system. Makes it easy to do quick pick ups. It’s a tool quality so very reliable. Like it so well we bought one for s&b. And for two friends when they got their first rv. $100 on Amazon. I have a small canister also for cleaning car but this is easier to use around the rv. And one for carpet. But this is much more convenient. And the battery can be easily replaced if ever necessary.
rvvolunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:44 PM   #110

My two cents; valterra makes the best sewer hose, it collapses and stays that way, unlike many others. Use your cell phones for communication when parking, if you have cell service. Most of the cheap two way radios can not transmit and receive at the same time like a phone.

Roadmiester
09 Dynasty Regal IV
Roadmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:43 AM   #111

Winnebago Owners Club
Good tire pressure gage. I always check my tire pressure before getting on the road, in case I should stop to add more air
Excursion04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:50 AM   #112

Tiffin Owners Club
Hughes Autoformers PWD50-EPO Power Watchdog Smart Bluetooth Surge Protector Plus EPO with Auto Shutoff - 50 Amp Portable Version.

Safe-T-Plus Steering Control
AZCactus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, motor, motorhome