Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #57
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlyon69 View Post
If you use a product called "RV-DIGEST-IT" by a company named Unique, you can throw away your ice cubes, bleach, Dawn, and all the other stuff....oh yeah, all that cheap high priced RV TP too and use the good stuff!
Is this stuff available at most RV sales shops?

What's the mix?
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #58
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buki View Post
I can not imagine why anyone would ever close a grey water valve. I mean cmon... this is for the most part sterilized water innundated with detergents and hot water. And now to the black tank. That tank is loaded with the perfect mix of water, chemicals and organic material. I mean, think about it, you have no problem dumping hundreds of pounds of manure on your yard and flowerbeds. Simply unhook your sewer hose, if you ever hooked it up in the first place, and drive to the nearest interstate rest stop where thousands of trucks have already dumped thousands of pounds of [moderator edit]. In fact, we never close our blank tank valve or gray valve. Spraying a single load of pee or doo-do on an interstate is NOT environmentally unfriendly. C'mon dudes...the whole process is ultimate recycling. What goes in your body has to come out. Let the animals do the next step.
You are kidding right?
Old 04-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #59
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
Great, we can never know it all... Even if some people think they do.....
What do you mean??

My wife tells me I'm a know it all!!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Do not permit yourself to be distracted when preparing to get underway or when setting up in a camp site. Often neighbors will stop by to greet me. I stop what I am doing and say "love to chat with you as soon as we get this task completed." Well I am not always that formal, but I really don't want to pull away with my hose or electric still connected, did that once! Nor do I want to disconnect the car before setting the brake and putting it in gear, did that twice!

Post checklists where you can refer to them without getting out a file. We have ours taped to the inside of a cupboard door near the entrance. Flip open the door to see three different checklists, arrival, departure, day trip in the tow'd.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
Great, we can never know it all... Even if some people think they do.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
What do you mean??

My wife tells me I'm a know it all!!
Those that think they know it all, really annoy those of us that actually do.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #62

At the top of the rear ladder attach wire ties(zip) to the horizontal part about 3-4 inches apart to keep the birds from doing their business down the back of the MH.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #63

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
At the top of the rear ladder attach wire ties(zip) to the horizontal part about 3-4 inches apart to keep the birds from doing their business down the back of the MH.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #64

When I fill up with diesel, I lean the coach to the passenger side and fill from the driver side. This keeps the fuel from burping when filled and running down the side. Also puts it to "Full". When finished I push the "travel" button on the controll and after I pay I'm aired up and ready to ride.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #65

BUKI is not kidding. there are a lot of people who do that. I know. I work on the interstate and have to step around interesting things. If you see a white plastic bag on the interstate shoulder that is not blowing away in the wind............. stay clear. If you see a full plastic bottle ........... that ain't cider. What a fit. Some people should be on another planet. IMO
CharlieTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #66

Do not drive on the shoulder of the Interstate if at all possible. Nails, screws, pieces of metal get blown over there. Great way to get a flat.
CharlieTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #67

I buy fuel additive in a gallon jug. I have collected long neck plastic resealable beer bottles and refill with the fuel additive, it is much easier to pour into the fill hole, and it blows the truckers crazy at the fuel islands!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #68

While in Texas for the winter a neighbor brought over a 120V fan from a failed electric space heater and asked if I wanted it. I said OK and later came up with the idea of putting an electrical cord (plus switch) on it, suspending it vertically above our space heater. It blows the stratified warm air toward the rear of the coach while helping keeping temps even from ceiling to floor. The fan is small and quite quiet. DW and I were much more comfortable after installing the fan.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #69

I have clothespins for the TV antenna,coffee pot strap and anything else that has to be stored before moving.Antenna goes up pin goes on steering wheel.Coffee pot strap unclamped pin on wheel.Antenna down pin on crank when wheel is clear you are ready to roll.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #70

Ford Super Duty Owner
!. NEVER leave toilet with seat up. You will drop things and in close confines of typical bathroom odds are good you will hit the toilet.
2. Once primary driver situated and in driving position have someone mark outside edge of street side tires with string pulled out in front of coach. Then driver can look thru windshield at string and without moving and have helper mark spot on bottom of windshield in drivers line-of-sight to string. Once spot identified - put some kind of removable mark on glass for later adjustemnt if needed. Now driver has visual reference as to where coach is in traffic lane, how close wheels are to curb etc. Think gun sight.
3. Backing into site - Lay hose on ground about where you want tires to go (inside of curve) now simply backin watching hose in mirror.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote