Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
ZEP Treatment

Well completed the application of ZEP Heavy Traffic Wax on the coach. The pictures don't do it real justice, but the coach looks new. After the first coat the rest is so easy. Going to be great to travel in a nice bright coach.

Bob
Capt USMC (Ret)
2003 Damon Challenger
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Can't see any pictures. Please try again. I'm going to do mine in about 2 weeks.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #3

Wife did ours while I was performing suspension work. She put seven coats on the roof and sides after scrub-wash...looks absolutely fabulous for a 14 year old MH. No pics can really show the difference. Everything shines brightly. A worthwhile project.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1691.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	39004   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1648.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	39005  

Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #4

What is the DW using to apply the ZEP with and how many coats did she have to apply if you don't mind me asking? I'm getting ready to do this myself for the first time and would appreciate any suggestions about techniques.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #5

Carolina Campers
Is this the product you use?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0050G...mw_dp_mpd?pd=1
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:15 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Tedgard01, yes that is the product, yoiu can get it at LOWES. I'm up here in Claremont just past Statesville. If you would like to see the finished product in person your welcome to. Also we will heading back to Jacksonville in the next week or two, and we go through Winston Salem and we can meet up so you can see it.
D in Davie, I used a spray bottle and sprayed onto a microfiber covered sponge and wiped it on. You can get everything you need at LOWES.

Don't know why my pictures didn't post, they showed they were attached. I'll try again.

D Whit, tell your DW she did an outstanding job. I notice you have an RV port. Can you tell me high high it is?

Bob
Capt USMC (Ret)
2003 Damon Challenger
Old 05-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #7
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I'd say 18' to the peak judging that an RV is approximately 12' and looking at the remainder.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:12 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
dwhit

Looks as if the DW has done a BEAUTIFUL job. I noticed that she applied it to the roof and it appears that the roof is rubber, can you confirm this? I haven't seen Zep applies to a rubber roof before but think it is a good idea if the summer sun doesn't play havoc with it, where did you get the idea and do you have any insight as to how it holds up?

Once again, it looks great.

Tom and Barb
2000 Bounder 39z
tnrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
ZEP Application

Trying to upload pictures again. Don't know why they didn't show up last time, said they were attached.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RV 001.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	39020   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV 002.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	39021  

Name:	RV 003.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	39022  
Old 05-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Did it brighten the fiberglass too or did you have to buff that out first?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #11

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
I'm up here in Claremont just past Statesville. If you would like to see the finished product in person your welcome to. Also we will heading back to Jacksonville in the next week or two, and we go through Winston Salem and we can meet up so you can see it.
Bob,

I'd love to meet with you in person to review the finished product and get an overview of the full process.

I'll be on a business trip next week and camping down at Crosswinds (Linwood) from the 23rd - 28th. I am available the 29th - 3rd.

My retirement day is June 3rd and I am heading for NM on the 4th for a few weeks.

It looks like I may be able to run over there this weekend some time. If that works for you, send me a personal note with an address & ph # so we can do that.

Ted
Old 05-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #12

There are several threads in history that apply to using ZEP. I was after a problem I had with peeling clear-coat. We decided to apply everywhere. The roof is rubber. I have no reason to believe there will be trouble using this product. No buffing. It's like mop-&-glow in application.

The RV carport is 20W, 15H, 41L from Carolina Carport. 8gauge structure upgrade for $5G's on a level surface I laid some 15 yards of gravel on....I wanted to protect our investment and not have to constantly wash it down from sitting in the hot SC weather. The sun & rain damages everything. I recently piped 220vac at 60amps out there. I'm away now, but later I'll be adding vapor lites and meth-head discouragement devices.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #13

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhit View Post
The RV carport is 20W, 15H, 41L from Carolina Carport. 8gauge structure upgrade for $5G's on a level surface I laid some 15 yards of gravel on.....
I was thinking of putting one up myself. I am putting a gravel pad along side my stick house garage.

I already added my 50 amp service to the back corner of the garage, so that I can keep the coach heated in the winter and keep the batteries charged year round. It sure makes it nice to just have the A/C on, the refrigerator cold, slides out and all electrical running when preparing for a trip.

Thanks for the update.

Ted
Old 05-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #14

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
I used a spray bottle and sprayed onto a microfiber covered sponge and wiped it on. You can get everything you need at LOWES.

Bob
Capt USMC (Ret)
2003 Damon Challenger
Hey Bob,

Btw, I went to Lowe's today and picked up a gallon of the Zep High Traffic polish. I don't know how far that will go, but I am going to try it out this weekend.

I assume I just wash it off first and let it dry, versus doing an other prep. Is that correct?

I had a spray bottle that I will use, and I bought a microfiber glove and a microfiber pad on a pole (like a Swifter) to apply it with. I was wondering if you just apply it in a circular motion or try to use straight strokes or what...

I was also going to do the roof as well as the full body. Let me know if I should consider any other prep work or if you have any other techniques that may be useful.

Thanks,
Ted